How much contact should you have when dating?

I have been dating a guy for 3 months and it has been up and down. How many times a week should we make contact if we are taking it slow? Is it wrong for me to think he should make contact every 2-3 days even if just a text to say Hi?

What Girls Said 2

• Not sure what you mean by "it's been up and down" but I'd think when you're dating someone it wouldn't really be dating if you DIDN'T make contact at least every day or so. I agree with you that it doesn't have to be anything sexual or an actual date but if you care about someone, I'd think a little check in or "how was your day" thing would be normal.

I'd have to question whether he's serious about you and/or if he's the very passive sort that expects a good relationship to just happen...with little effort on his part.

Sorry to sound so negative but I do think it's unusual to not be in contact more IF you both agree that you're in a dating relationship.

• I like it when I'm seeing a guy for him to text me once a day even with just a simple "hey, thinking about you. See you Friday." Just to touch base kind of thing.

I don't think it's wrong of you to want him to call or text you a few times of week. But he might be thinking the same thing about you and why you don't get in touch with him.

What Guys Said 0