Too much to wear on a 2nd date?

Is there such a thing as wearing too pretentious of clothing on an early (1st, 2nd, 3rd) date? I'm thinking a nice black sweater, but it's a V-neck, so I would wear a button down shirt underneath with the collar sticking out. Does that seem too going-home-to-Mom's-on-Christmas-y?

Most Helpful Girl

• no, it sounds nice. but it all depends on where you guys are going on your date

What Girls Said 4

• sounds goood go for it :)

• Haha, nah. It sounds like a casual yet nice outfit.

• Not at all. And you can dress it up with slacks or down with jeans depending on where you're going like anon said. It sounds quite classy to me. I'm pretty sure your date will love it =)

• Thanks! Yeah, I was thinking dress it down with jeans and some nice medium brown loafers with a belt with a slightly interesting buckle to dress it down a tiny bit more.

• I love that look on a dude. Sounds great for a second date outfit.

For being anonymous, I can already deduce that you've got to be smart (using the word pretentious) and you have a fashion sense and even hyphenated a phrase! Have a good date.

Good luck.

• Thanks! Not sure why I asked this question anonymously, though. ;)

• You never know if my date is stalking me and will accuse me of micro-managing my look. :)

• Touche.

What Guys Said 0