My guy got a tattoo of my name as a "surprise", what do I say?

We've only been dating for 6 months. He called me and said he had a surprise for me...I was expecting flowers. He got my name on his upper arm! I love him, everything is great, but that is permanent and TOO permanent TOO fast! I am not okay with this, what do I even say?

Most Helpful Girl

• Wow... It's too late since it's permanent.

But this should be a huge red flag to you. Would you really want to maybe marry a guy who makes huge, irreparable decisions on his own without talking to you first? Communication is key in any good relationship.

Good luck.

What Guys Said 3

• Wow, Tattoo with your name means he is serious about you. Getting a tattoo removed isn't an easy process believe me! Take it as a compliment, but yes that was way to fast on his part. Just ask him what was the motive for the tattoo, let him explain his reasons, then let him know you thought it was a bad idea because the relationship is still to new. My god, what happens if you guys break up, he has to continue to date girls only with your name. lol

• It's just a tattoo! He can always remove it. I mean, you have been going out for half a year, it's not like it's only been six weeks, right?

• sounds obbsessed

What Girls Said 2

• Its his arm, not much you can say :)

Why are you worried? it was his decision, doesn't mean you are married. & Other girls will have your name as well:)

• Let him know how you feel. He deserves it.