Should I choose boyfriend's feelings over friend's?

I was planning on having a guy friend come visit me for a couple of days. When my boyfriend found out he was upset and said that I should've shared the idea with him before just deciding that my guy friend should come visit me. I asked him about his feelings, and he just said I guess you can "do whatever you want" and he was angry. I obviously know he doesn't want my guy friend to come visit, even though he knows him really well.

I'm confused.I can either tell my guy friend he can't come (and he'll be upset) or let him come (and then I'll upset my boyfriend). Help? What should I do? Is it reasonable for my boyfriend to be upset about this?

Most Helpful Girl

• As Nathan said, your boyfriend should stop being jealous if he has no reason not to trust you. He shouldn't care as long as this guy is just your friend and has never been more than just your friend. I wouldn't cancel on the friend. I would just explain to my boyfriend that nothing is going to happen and you can "do whatever you want" because- this guy is JUST YOUR FRIEND. He needs to get over himself.

You have done nothing wrong by wanting to hang out with your friend. You shouldnt have to ask your boyfriend for permission.

What Guys Said 2

• Unless you have given your boy friend a reason to be jealous or there's a history with this guy then tell him to stop being jealous. If not its not worth your time if he has no trust for you. Have your friend over. This is a key time to see how your boyfriend reacts. if he's an ass buy him luggage for his going away present

• Yes I would be very upset I would never want my girlfriend to visit another guy friend when I am not around I think that I should be the only guy in her life which don't mean she can't have guy friends but not hanging around with the when I am not around\d I would get pissed its just wrong! Sorry

What Girls Said 1

• Does the friend like you? Has he liked you in the past? Does your boyfriend think he likes you? If any of these are a yes, it complicates things a bit. It makes his jealousy a lot more understandable. And I think guys are better than we are at picking out the friends that secretly like us (or at least they're better than me). So if this is at all the case, I think it's totally reasonable for him to not want you to have a multi-day visit with someone who's crushing on you.