Guys, what would you do if you realized that the girl you liked had plastic surgery done?

One of my best friends had plastic surgery done. She is going out with a guy she really likes and has a wonderful relationship. Recently, she's been asking me if she should tell him about her plastic surgery. I don't know what advice to give her since I never had plastic surgery. Guys, what do you think. I don't want to ruin her relationship, but I also don't want to shrug her off with a "i don't know." This was the best idea I could think of. Guys, what do you think?

Most Helpful Guy

• If this is truly your friend, you should stay out of it. Why doesn't she solicit comments? Don't put yourself in a position to cause trouble.

Personally, I wouldn't really like someone who's had plastic surgery done, especially in a dating setting. I like a girl who has confidence in herself. That means I weed out all the girls who can't go 2 days without having a "boyfriend" AND girls who need to resort to plastic surgery to feel more "confident". To me, this is a big smoke screen that people use to put others on the defensive. My mother had liposuction and I still love her, but I'm not dating her and I don't care how "confident" she is. If I'm dating you, however, I want a girl who loves herself unconditionally. If you do that, you won't mind breasts that are a bit too small or whatever the issue is, and when I meet you, I will love you unconditionally, too, because your small breasts will be part of what I love about you.

That said, obviously there could be an exception made for girls who had a truly disfiguring incident and had surgery after, say, being burned in a fire, not just out of vanity.

• After surgery you have confidence,so there's nothing you're weeding out exactly

• Not necessarily. Many people continue to have other surgeries because they don't magically feel confidence. Confidence comes from within. That said, I was replying to the question "should I tell him" about my surgery, saying I would change my opinion on someone who sprung that on me.

What Guys Said 6

• I personally don't believe in plastic surgery. I think the real issue is someone's self esteem & not their body. I would never encourage a woman to get surgery nor would I get it, unless it is for healthy reasons, meaning severe obesity. If I was going out with someone & found they had it done though, I wouldn't choose to break up with them just because of this. I would question whether they are secure about themselves & hope I could help them work through their low self esteem. Personally, I'm tired of seeing shows on TV about plastic surgery & I wish women would stop putting theirselves at risk just because they want bigger breast. Men aren't as shallow as women believe.

• Honestly I wouldn't care. Obviously she was self conscious about her appearance then, now I'm assuming she has all the confidence in the world. Good for her. ONE IMPORTANT ADVICE. Do not go overboard with it. How some girls look fake like Hedi Montang. She was so beautiful before now look out fake she looks now.

• I don't think it should be a issue. So she wanted to improve a feature and give herself more confidence. No big deal. Would not affect my feeling about someone.

• Hence the reason for an opinion forum. I gave my opinion. Others have different opinions. That's the point of this.

• Always, in the end, honesty if the best policy.

• she should tell him if it affects how he feels about her what they had wasn't real anyways and is she your same age what is anyone under 40 getting plastic surgery for?

• Your advice is good, but use punctuation.

• Lol you would get along superbly with my girlfriend she can't stand my grammer, its just after typing up essays all day long I never really bother with grammer online :)

• Ha, I don't blame you- I let my grammar go to crap when I text and its all in short hand. Had your advice been crap I would have brushed it off, but since you had a good answer, its like, I would hate for someone to brush it off just because of the grammar and punctuation.

• Well if the plastic surgery helped her and she looks hot now then I wouldn't care wether she had sergery or not lol I guess that's just my opinion though.

What Girls Said 2

• It really isn't for you to tell her whether she should or not.Tell her she needs to make that decision on her own.

• Depends what she had done. Either way, she should be honest and tell her boyfriend.