Should I go on a date?! have only been single 2 weeks?!

Hi, essentially I've been single 2 weeks. She ended it, I have missed her every moment of every day since and have been a bit of a mess if honest, have driven my mates mad with it.

I'm a DJ part time and on Saturday a very pretty girl came over, gave me her number, chatted for 5 min and walked off. I text her, she lives very local and we've said about going for a drink on friday... thing is though, I know I have no chance of getting with my ex, although I love her to pieces and honestly thought she could be the one. I don't feel at all ready to start something new, but part of me is thinking why not, sum up the courage, give it a shot and what do I have to lose? I don't want to use the girl, but being out and maybe having a nice night has to be better than being in, doing nothing, yet again (its amazing how much spare time you find yourself having... it really doesn't help)

So what do you think? go with it, give it a shot, or be OK with still hurting and sit this one out? Thanks for the help.

Most Helpful Girl

• Dude its up to you, when your ready get your butt back out there and make some moves .

What Girls Said 2

• You don't necessarily need for this date with a new girl to turn into a long term relationship. If anything, being noticed by another girl will remind you how valuable, attractive, and fun you are. You're probably not feeling like that right now, so any addition to your confidence would be welcome. Have fun. Enjoy her company. Who knows? Besides, your ex might eventually find out you went out with someone new, and her opinion might change. Best of luck!

• Thank you for the comment. it was nice to have evidence I'm still wanted by the female race! :-S I think I will take your advice. many thanks

• dont hurt her. just tell her what has happened recently. if she wants to still like you and stuff, she will stay, if not, then no fault to yourself!

• I think I will mention the recent split up and not "hit on her", just have a nice evening I hope and maybe be friend, something may build slowly... I have no wish to use or hurt anyone, but being sat in this house evening after evening is brutal and my friends have been brill, but I want to give them some time off! thank you for the comment

What Guys Said 1

• How long did you go out with your ex for?, was it long term?. A Rebound Relationship is not healthy and not fair on the other.