Rebound relationship?

I have been in a great relationship with my ex for about 2 years and he decided to break up with me ... Three days later, I heard he already has a girlfriend... Is she a rebound? Don't you think he had been fast on this one? Do you think rebound relationships works?

Most Helpful Guy

• He was either seeing her before you broke up, so it was his new relationship even while you were together, or it is a rebound, er, something. It's not a relationship and she's not his girlfriend. He may say that to take the sting off, but if he broke up with you, what sting is there? He isn't the one who needs to be validated because presumably he knows you wanted your relationship to continue. So he sounds like a really screwed up guy. I hate to implicate people for looking around while they're dating, because I don't know him, but I'd certainly say there was something going on while you were still together. He's just a wuss who couldn't leave his old lily pad before he knew the new one was secure.

What Guys Said 3

• 3 days latter after your break up ... hmmmmm. deear hate to breakl this to you he may have been cheating on you previous to this and just decided he wanted to be with her more than you.

a rebound person is generally fore the one that was dumped not the dumper. so no she's not a rebound.

also you need to update this it is 9 months old

• It usually is a rebound relationship. And hell no, rebounds don't ever work out. Unless the person is way too blinded by their ideal of forgetting someone that they stay in it until they have achieved that goal.

• yes it does otherwise some girls might hate to say it but they might be lonely if they don't.

What Girls Said 4

• You know what girl...I hate to be harsh and say it...but if everything was GREAT and then all the sudden BAM, he's breaking up with you then BAM, he has another chick...then I think she was around before things ended with you guys. Even if he wasn't "together" with her by label, they were at least "talking" and he had his eye on her before you guys broke up. I'm sorry sweetie, I know that sucks, but I think that's the most likely thing that happened here.

• I hate to say it, but is it possible he was already talking to this girl while you all were dating. If so that isn't a rebound that's him cheating. but either way their relationship is based on lies and eventually it will catch up to them.

• Only three days later? Honey open your eyes he was already talking to her. Move along.

• definitely a rebound. or he started dating her way before he broke up with you