He hasn't called, is a texting him a faux pas?

I initially hit on him, he took my number, called to set up a date this past friday. I was nervous and may have been a bit distant, in contrast to my flirtatiousness the first time we met. Eventually things loosened up, we talked about things we have in common, it was fun, we kissed a little and parted with a kiss... But that was six days ago. Texting him couldn't hurt, could it? What do you think is going on here?

Most Helpful Girl

• Maybe you started off all wrong. You say you initially hit on him, think back, do you honestly believe that if you hadn't hit on him he would have approached you? Was he staring/ smiling before you approached him? If he wasn't initially interested enough, it is possible he just went on that date with you out of curiousity but not because he was really excited about it.

Should you text him? I guess it doesn't hurt at this point. Although it is possible that he won't respond or if he does he might not ask you to go out on another date. If he does respond please don't ask him to take you out, let him do it. If he doesn't ask you out again, leave it be. If he does, then great! Just don't ask him why he didn't call those 6 days, don't even mention it. Sometimes guys resist being pressured into doing things, if he needs time then give it to him.

What Guys Said 1

• Well it depends on how it went, did he looked like he like you? some guys like a girl but don't know if the girl likes em back so after the first date they don't want to text or call because the think like [what if she don't like me, I don't want to bother her and make her feel I'm desperate] so they wait to see if she text, if she does than its good if she doesn't he just gives up thinkin she didn't like him. but I don't know it that's the type of guy he is, so just text him [hey what's up] kinda way, wait for a reply, if is OK than say want to hang out, if he says yea than he could possibly like you but watch out because he could be a player and not really like you and just hang with you to try to get some. but you should be able to tell by the way he acts, believe me your catch on.

What Girls Said 2

• A casual text won't hurt. If you feel like you want to get in touch with him, just go ahead and text him. If you get a response, its fine but if you don't, its no big deal.

• wait...6 days has passed and you haven't heard from him?

yeah...he's not interested...