Trying to date a shy girl, what should I do?

okay this is the whole story. i work with this girl, and she is EXTREMELY SHY and quiet around everyone. We have conversations, but they end... Show More

Most Helpful Girl

• From a shy girl, let me tell you, don't give up! Even though she knows that you like her, its HELLA hard for a shy girl to even attempt to reciprocate. Seriously, I feel like I'm about to have a panic attack or something when I try to reciprocate w/guys who obvs like me. She doesn't want to embarrass herself or say something stupid or stutter because she's nervous.

You just might have to talk to her w/her friends around. I know I can be the biggest chatterbox when I'm with my friends but around a guy I like, sometimes I can't think of a blessed thing even if I prepare in advance to have a conversation. You've already made contact with her friend, so let her know you wanna set something up for a small group of you and mutual friends. Go to a movie or something and dinner after at a casual place so you have something to talk about. Or not even dinner, go for ice cream or something. And try to find out what gets her talking. There is a subject every shy girl will start blabbing about, just find out what it is. maybe music she likes, a concert she wants to go to, a hobby, pets, etc.

It will take longer than other girls you may have been with before, but if you really like her, please go for it. Sooo many times I've encountered guys that just weren't willing to keep trying and keep showing me that they really liked me, and I really hate it. Its so depressing to think that there's potential for something there and then have the guy give up just as I'm nearly positive that he feels the same way, and she might have been through it before too.

GOOD LUCK! let me know how it goes!