Trying to date a shy girl, what should I do?

okay this is the whole story.

i work with this girl, and she is EXTREMELY SHY and quiet around everyone. We have conversations, but they end quickly, and if its about her it ends as soon as someone walks in the same area we are in. She smiles at things I say, but in a very shy way, I don't think she even realizes it. Whenever I'm talkin with sum1 else about sumthin that has happened 2 me she is usually listenin carefully. I see her glancing at me all the time, but whenever I look at her she looks away or acts like she is doing something else. I kind of made it known 2 her that I liked her a day before the stuff happened, and now she's been shyer then ever towards me. She was avoiding me the next day, because I told her I needed 2 talk 2 her. I went at her work station, and her friends were like "HEY, JC's HERE" because they all thought I wanted 2 talk 2 her, but in reality I went 2 talk 2 another person. When I was there she was blushin like HELL! XTREMELY QUIET, AND ACTIN LIKE SHE WAS CLEANING SOMETHING, trying not to look at me. Well I had told her that I needed 2 talk 2 her, that same day, so she didn't even go on break, she was avoiding me. and when I told her again "COME TALK 2 ME WHEN YOURE DONE WITH WORK" she said "OK, if she's done with everything". And that same night after she finished working she left VERY soon, but she made sure that I saw her leave, by walking out on my work station (reason I know this is because we went on break twice together, and both those times she walked my way makin sure I would see her, but not tell me herself that she was on break). So after she left, And I didn't go after her, her friend walked back (supposedly 2 get her food), and I asked her why didn't she come talk 2 me. She said she doesn't know why she didn't come.(BULLSHIT) but that she was outside, so if I wanted talk 2 her I should go. I didn't go because I wanted 2 talk 2 her alone not while her friends around.N plus I was kinda mad that she did that. Then when I saw them both leave, her friend was lookin my way smilin, but the girl I like was looking down. On this day she was wearin more makeup at work, earings and what not, overall dressed better. She even brought her hair down at the end of the day b4 she left, so she would get my attention. she waited 4 me 2 go talk 2 her I'm guessing.

what do you think I should do, and what you think the story is? move in and ask her face to face to go on a date next time I c her? or just give up. please tell me what I should do. THANKS ALOT! an

Most Helpful Girl

• From a shy girl, let me tell you, don't give up! Even though she knows that you like her, its HELLA hard for a shy girl to even attempt to reciprocate. Seriously, I feel like I'm about to have a panic attack or something when I try to reciprocate w/guys who obvs like me. She doesn't want to embarrass herself or say something stupid or stutter because she's nervous.

You just might have to talk to her w/her friends around. I know I can be the biggest chatterbox when I'm with my friends but around a guy I like, sometimes I can't think of a blessed thing even if I prepare in advance to have a conversation. You've already made contact with her friend, so let her know you wanna set something up for a small group of you and mutual friends. Go to a movie or something and dinner after at a casual place so you have something to talk about. Or not even dinner, go for ice cream or something. And try to find out what gets her talking. There is a subject every shy girl will start blabbing about, just find out what it is. maybe music she likes, a concert she wants to go to, a hobby, pets, etc.

It will take longer than other girls you may have been with before, but if you really like her, please go for it. Sooo many times I've encountered guys that just weren't willing to keep trying and keep showing me that they really liked me, and I really hate it. Its so depressing to think that there's potential for something there and then have the guy give up just as I'm nearly positive that he feels the same way, and she might have been through it before too.

GOOD LUCK! let me know how it goes!