What do people think about a girl dating a younger guy?

I have a crush on a guy who is a year and a half younger than me, we're just talking right now but I want to know if age is a real issue before taking things more seriously

please tell me what you think about it

Most Helpful Guy

• I'd like to give you some advice. Hopefully you can relate to it somehow.

When it comes to questions like this, it doesn't matter what anyone tells you. I mean, do you really want to determine what kind of relationship you want to be in, based on other people's OPINION?

I believe relationships are personal. So instead of asking people if its okay to date younger guys, where you will get both sides of answers, yes and no, and will be stuck in the same place asking the same question. You should ask YOURSELF, "Is he too young for me?"...

After all, it is your choice. This is the guy you may possibly dedicate a lot of YOUR time too. Therefor, this is your decision, and you should think of your opinion.

I personally don't think a year and a half is a big deal, as long as your maturity level are at the same level.

So no, age does not matter in my opinion. I think if he can make you happy, that's all that matters.

So many people get caught up in what is right and wrong in this world, they forget about there own feelings, and what THEY believe is right and wrong. In this world, there is no right and wrong, you only have your opinion. That's my belief.

I say go for it, no doubt.

Take care~

What Guys Said 4

• Its not a big deal really. I know you might think it is at that age, but really 1 year of difference is nothing. I'm 23 and been on a date with a 27 year old. If that girl was your age I would have been 12 :P

As long as the guy you want to date is not 8 or younger and not like what DoctorSex said - pedophiliar age difference

• Thanks :) I've asked some friends and a lot of them say I'd seem desperate

and I don't want it to send the wrong idea

• Well no need to rush things. Especially if you've just started talking to him. I never understood that whole 'desperate' argument, I know at your age people use that quite a bit. I personally don't see how wanting to date someone a year younger makes you more desperate than wanting to date someone a year older. Whether someone is 15,16,17, there's not really a huge difference between them. Anyways, maybe just keep talking with him, and take things slow - no need to rush :)

• the same way I think of a guy dating a younger girl :-/ anyone with a negative outlook on that is childish and you should pay no attention. Love is not constricted by age...unless its like...pedophiliar kinda age differences...thats bad!

• Does it matter? Not insulting you, but it seems like you are still in the stage where you care about what others around you think. Moving past all of that helps with being happy in your own choices.

• Hang on! If your 16 and he's a year and a half younger than you doesn't that make him 14 and a half years old?

Sorry but you are very young for this type of thing anyway but, he IS very young for this type of thing! Don't you think?

Regards,

Johno

What Girls Said 4

• im the exact same way! I always like younger guys, anywhere from 1-3 years younger then me... one time I did like someone who was 4 years younger, but I would never have considered anything, my friends give me a hard time all the time, always calling me a cougar, but I say if you like someone whos to stop you from doing what you want.

• Absolutely nothing wrong with it as long as it is legal where you are. I have dated younger guys before and it worked out.

• How would you like to be in my shoes? I'm in love with someone 15 years younger than me. One year is nothing honey. If you like each other to heck with what other people think

• it's up to you entirely. I would never date a guy younger than me though