How do guys feel about ambitious women?

Every time I mention where my career is headed and goals I have for myself, guys seem to back away. are there any guys who appreciate a woman who wants to have a successful career, make her own money (maybe even more than her guy) and give back to the world? or do you prefer women who just want to settle down right away and have kids?

Most Helpful Guy

• That is great. I am actually tired of women who want the same pay as men but don't realize they have a low paying job in the first place: independent of gender. It's good to finally meet a woman who realizes that there is no real pay discrimination between the sexes. It is simply the fact that women on average choose not to have the high paying careers; so men fill them instead.

I have an extremely male dominated career and I am glad to find a woman who has an interest in a high paying career for a change. I don't see many. I am surprised to find so many women who are just not interested in the higher paying jobs that require harder college degrees.

What Guys Said 3

• The RIGHT guys have no issue at all with smart assertive ambitious women. If a guy has an awareness of his own two feet and knows what HE is planning to do over the next decade then it should not confront or challenge him and he'd have no reason to back off. If on the other hand the guys are wasteabouts looking just to score the next video high score or iPhone tunes then you might want to seek a better quality of guy. Aim for college attendees/grads as they have a better chance of wanting to be with someone else with ambition.

But never compromise as your 'fire in the belly' to do more with your life is a gift that a great many people never share, to their loss. That's too bad but you'll never be happy with a sluggard anyways so keep shopping.at better places.

• I woman that is driven is what I aim for. I'm not an educational driven person but I have high dreams. And id expect a woman to have the same.

• Whatever you prefer is fine with me. The girl I like plans on becoming a lawyer and having a husband who stays at home with the kids. I also plan on becoming a lawyer, but I definitely wouldn't mind my wife working instead. The only reason there would be a problem is if both of you really want to have a career that is very time-consuming. In that case, it would be very difficult for you to have successful careers while dealing with children. I would rather not settle down and have kids right away, because I'd like to have time to travel and stuff with just my wife, but if that's what she wants, I'll manage.

Bottom line: I like it when a woman is ambitious, because it shows that she is confident in herself, and feels no less able to be successful than a man.

What Girls Said 0