Is it okay to buy things for a guy you're not dating but interested in?

I recently met this guy and we hung out a couple of times, we've been talking for way longer online but I finally had the courage to hang out with him because I'm shy and it takes me a while to build up the courage to talk with someone I really like.

Anyways, I recently got an awesome deal where I bought airplane tickets to NYC for $30 each, and I bought one for him. I asked him if he was okay with going to NYC with me spontaneously for a day and he agreed. My worry is that he will get weirded out that I bought his plane ticket and make it seem like I'm some rich girl, when in reality I'm just a college student who works hard in school and making money with a job.

I don't want him to feel that I'm spending all this money because I want him to like me more, but rather I felt that $30 to NYC round trip was awesome and I wanted to hang out with him. Is this an okay thing to do even if we're not dating yet but interested in each other? I want him to be comfortable with this situation and not worry over money issues or stuff like that.

What would you do if someone did this? Would you be flattered, creeped out, or offended? It's not that I didn't think he could afford it, I just thought it'd be a fun thing to do, plus traveling alone is something I don't like doing either.

Most Helpful Guy

• I would say don't worry about it, at some point during the day you guys will have to eat, right? So let him foot the bill if he is concerned about money being an issue. You could also tell him it was only $30 for the ticket, but normally I would avoid saying how much a gift was just because. If a girl I was interested in wanted me to 1) buy me something 2) travel with me 3) fly on a plane with me and 4) spend the entire day with me, I would be over the moon. Not to mention he has to feel something if he decided to spend the entire day with just you. I think you will be fine, don't worry, just enjoy NYC! Good luck!

What Guys Said 0

What Girls Said 4

• please don't, you will look really desperate and like you're trying too hard. I know you like him a lot but save that energy you're not even his girlfriend yet.

• $30 isn't a lot, it's not a big deal. He'll probably be happy a girl made the first move for once. Just have fun.

• it might look like you're trying too hard

• Don't become his suger mamma.