• Ask
  • myTake

What do you consider to be "officially dating"?

My name is Brian, and I am a 16 year old junior in high school. I am currently dating an 18 year old freshman girl in college, and I am seeking some... Show More

Most Helpful Opinion

• okay so I read the whole thing and I definitely have an answer for you. You said you guys have been "dating for a week." I'm assuming this means you've been on dates during the past week. Just because you guys have kissed and been on a few dates does not mean you guys are exclusive (this is what I would call "official dating) or are boyfriend and girlfriend yet. You haven't asked her out and even though you really like her she can still go out with other guys unless you guys have clearly established that you guys are only seeing each other and no one else (which it doesn't sound like it does).oh and when she said there wasn't anything official to tell her ex she means that you guys are not girlfriend and boyfriend which is what "official" means. oh and to answer one of your questions, kissing does not mean you're officially dating. sorry. I guess you guys are "dating" but you are not official (aka exclusive). You guys have to have a talk to establish those kinds of boundaries. I don't see what the rush is though. you should take your timeoh and just be aware that high school and college relationships often don't work out. they're two different worlds unless she lives at home with her parents still

What's Your Opinion?

Add your opinion...

0/2000

What Girls Said 2

• Wait so she is afraid her ex will freak out? He's her ex! She can date whoever she wants. She obviously needs to reconsider her relationships. If she calls you boyfriend and kisses you pretty often, to me that means it's official. It seems like she values her ex's friendship more than the relationship you two have. It's not cool that she won't put it out there that you're dating. There should be no shame. You need to consider if she's treating you the right way. :-/ Good luck!

What Guys Said 1

• dude, that was a looong Story but interesting read! As far as I'm concerned about the "officially girlfriend" Term, it doesn't include having SEX with some1 to be his/her girlfriend or bf! College or High school its the same thing when it comes to Dating, just OLDER ^^U mentioned "kiss" before, so lemme ask u: was it normal kissing on cheek or like mature people seriously with TONGUE intensiv? By intensiv I mean half of the dating timezone like you can't resist each other?I have a strong feeling that this girl was just using You as a replacement to her ex boyfriend the time he was away. really, I mean think of that phrase"But then just yesterday, she said that she didn't need to worry about it since there really wasn't anything "official" to tell him" its like giving you a hint that you should just dump her!okay seriously, if I were you STOP TELLING HER howmuch you miss her and those romantical stuff, because she will sure take you for granted and that's very very bad for business.Giv her some time and stop calling/texting her being a amateur stalker. IF she likes you or still have feelings she┬┤ll automatically get back.Best luck!

What They Said On Facebook