What do you consider to be "officially dating"?

My name is Brian, and I am a 16 year old junior in high school. I am currently dating an 18 year old freshman girl in college, and I am seeking some... Show More

Most Helpful Girl

• okay so I read the whole thing and I definitely have an answer for you. You said you guys have been "dating for a week." I'm assuming this means you've been on dates during the past week. Just because you guys have kissed and been on a few dates does not mean you guys are exclusive (this is what I would call "official dating) or are boyfriend and girlfriend yet. You haven't asked her out and even though you really like her she can still go out with other guys unless you guys have clearly established that you guys are only seeing each other and no one else (which it doesn't sound like it does).

oh and when she said there wasn't anything official to tell her ex she means that you guys are not girlfriend and boyfriend which is what "official" means. oh and to answer one of your questions, kissing does not mean you're officially dating. sorry. I guess you guys are "dating" but you are not official (aka exclusive). You guys have to have a talk to establish those kinds of boundaries. I don't see what the rush is though. you should take your time

oh and just be aware that high school and college relationships often don't work out. they're two different worlds unless she lives at home with her parents still