If you love a man, how much do you care about his geekdom?

As the title says, if you love your dude, how much do you care if he is a gamer, a sci-fi nerd, or a stamp collector? Is it much of a big deal or you think it's something special?

Most Helpful Girl

• Stamp collector seems out of date nerdy. Sci-fi nerds are really hard to talk to, at least for me. And gamers can be okay, but not if they're totally obsessed with the newest and latest games. Then I can't relate. But if they think me liking Super Mario 3 is cool, now we're talking.

And a lot of my boyfriends have been computer geeks. The difference between that and the things you are saying is that their obsession works as an occupation. I respect them. They fix the things that everyone in the office needs, and keep our network safe. I don't have a mind for it, but I like hearing about it. It's interesting stuff. And they tend to be guys who are smart in general, not just with computer things.

What Girls Said 3

• if I love someone I don't care what there into ill love them reguardless of if there a "nerd" or whatever

• I love my geeky, nerdy, dice roling men! I mean who else can I talk about D&D, WOW, Diablo and so on about?

And I also love the fact that the really nerdy ones are gentle hearted because they know how it feels to hurt (and know the high survivng an attack from a giant purple worm).

I guess that's just because I love them for them and the nerd is a perk!

• I met my husband in a store called gamers outpost. For the first 2 years of our relationship I spent most of my time in this store supporting his habits and sorting his 1,000's of Magic The Gathering cards. I would help him test his decks and dealt with the constant strategy talk. He wouldn't seem like a geek if you just met him on the street but it can get severe. His geekdom has progressed from Magic to MMORPG's and so on and has settled for the moment on poker. We have a $900 poker table and $500 dollars worth of poker chips in the biggest room of our house. 10-20 men are in my house every Monday night and sometimes they make it smell like a locker room. Our DVR is full of poker after dark and WSOP. I never nag about it but just say "I want you to be happy" So I would say Geekdom doesn't bother me.

What Guys Said 1

• stamp collector. lol. sry

depends on the type of girl