Do guys find talkative girls annoying?

Do they?

My best friend says I talk too much with guys I like and guys don't like girls who talk a lot. She says its okay to have in depth discussions about things with friends but if you do that with a guy you want to date, its a way to make sure he loses interest in you. I have actually experienced this too. Guys are much happier when I'm just sitting there not saying much than when I have a lot to say. My grandmother used to tell me that I have an advantage in my looks but my personality is going to hold me back from getting married because men think women should generally be seen and not heard and I like being heard a little too much. :( What's up with that?

Most Helpful Guy

• Nope. I like talking.

What Guys Said 4

• It really depends on the guy. It sounds like talking might be your way of dealing with any anxiety that you may feel when talking to a guy you like. A talkative guy may find it a little annoying whereas the shy guy who likes to listen may like to hear you talk. I myself am more of a listener so I probably wouldn't mind if a girl was talking. Honestly, it could possibly be the subjects that you talk about rather than the amount of talking, it is just a possibility. My advice would be to watch what you say or how much you are saying a little bit. The best of luck to you.

• i find talkative people annoying.

• I like girl talk as long as I can get a word in too. The "blah blah blah" types who raise the volume when you try to interject something are a pain in the ass.

• It depends on what kind of talkative you are to be honest. If you talk constantly and talk over everybody that is annoying. If you talk so much I can't think it is annoying. Mostly it matters what you talk about though. If it is girly stuff I can't relate to I won't know what to say and get frustrated/annoyed after awhile.

What Girls Said 1

• Well that may have been how it was in your grandma's day, but now it depends on the guy. As long as your not talking for hours about the same topic and you know when the time to be quiet is your not really annoying. I'm very talkative and my boyfriend and guys I know love it, they say there is always something interesting to talk about with me and there are never any awkward silences. I say be who you are and find a guy that likes you the way you are.