Why does he take so long to text me back?

Why does this guy I like take over a day to text me back? Does it mean he isn't really interested after all although his texts are very warm and conversational?

Most Helpful Girl

• No, I don't think it is because he is disinterested but rather, he's thinking of what to reply back. Wouldn't want to say something to make the conversation awkward, or seem TOO interested (in his mind he'll come off as clingy/desperate), or then again seem too little interested (conversation will lead nowhere/end quickly with nothing left to say). A guy that used to like me used to do that. He'd be online, but take all his time to reply back to my messages on Facebook. I knew he had seen it though because he'd update his status, post videos etc. but it seemed he was putting off replying to my message as the last and most unimportant thing on his list. Later on when I found out he liked me I asked him why and he said he was thinking over how to "say everything perfectly" and it took him time. lol

What Guys Said 1

• not everyone enjoys texting, I think you're completely over analyzing the situation...maybe he's busy? maybe he saw your text and had his hands full then was like crap I gotta respond I forgot...look my point is, he responded, he's not ignoring you, he's probably just busy...dont work yourself up over texts...anyways you should stay away from texts, a lot of stuff can be taken out of context because you can sense any tone in someones voice or sarcasm, etc...if you don't want things to get twisted up in conversation, id say screw texting and go back to calling...doest anyone do that anymore anyways? lol

but really, I think your over analyzing, just relax, he's responding so its cool

What Girls Said 3

• He may not any much of a texter or is takin things slow. If I was you, I would do the same because you don't want to feel like you are showin more effort. Just go with this flow and enjoy the moments with him. Never ask why.

• maybe he doesn't want to come off as someone without a life

• Well to answer that I got to ask you What sort of relationship are you guys in? you said you like him. Does he?

• He likes me and I like him. We are not in a relationship, at a friend sort of level but we got together a few weeks back and unfortunately he doesn't live near me. However, he is the one saying he wants to meet up sometime soon. But why do guys in general take ages to text back?

• Ok I'll answer that based on the fact that he likes you. Don't we girls sometimes do that to act hard to get & make him go crazy? Well, guys do that too! some guys like to make you feel he's unavailable & busy & have a lot going in their lives being you just a part of it. They find it sexy! Some guys are really busy (ofcourse you know if he is or its just fake). So, guys do that to make you feel you're not their center of attention, even if you are.