Ladies the older you get the less or more selective you are in regards to men/dating?

We are not talking desperation! Just what you thought was important quality is not that important. Or as you grow older a particular quality or qualities are important based on your experiences with the opposite sex?

Most Helpful Girl

• I think that the older you get and the more experience you get is going to of course change your taste in what you're looking for in someone that has potential to be someone you're in a relationship with. I don't think that just goes for women though, I think a lot of men are the same way as well. Its just human natural to learn from your mistakes or being attracted to something new that someone introduces you to. I think that when you're young looks play a big role in picking someone to date but as you grow older you start to look at personality and other qualities a lot more and being good looking is just the cherry on top.

What Girls Said 3

• I suppose I get more selective. I've had a number of relationships, so I've learned what I want in a partner and a relationship, and what I don't want.

• I am more selective as well. There will always going to be "drama" in a relationship. I look for stability.

• I'm less focused on the external/superficial qualities such as eye color, hair color, height, weight, and muscle tone. I no longer have a "type" in that regard.

I'm more focused on finding a guy who is intelligent and also has a quirky sense of humor. When I was younger I'd date a guy who wasn't smart enough, and then a few months down the road wonder why I was so bored with him.

I also am more of a stickler to having chemistry with a guy early on. I used to date someone for a while in hopes that he'd grow on me, but that trick never worked.

And finally, a guy who is mean to other people (waitstaff, their friends, employees, etc) will eventually be mean to me. So that's a deal breaker.

• are you married

• Why would I be dating if I were married?

• > And finally, a guy who is mean to other people (waitstaff, their friends, employees, etc) will eventually be mean to me. So that's a deal breaker

Love this answer. Can't stand rudeness to people trying to help someone, so am also selective on this basis.

• Ofcourse as older you get + more experiences & achievements you make in your career & life would make one more selective.

What Guys Said 0