I missed you and a wink?

What do you think this means in a text message:

"I missed you ;-)"

Is it a flirt?

Most Helpful Girl

• At first glance, it's definitely flirting. But it depends on the girl too. Does she use emoticons a lot? What about with other people? It also depends on the context. What were you guys talking about before that. Did she start a conversation with that? Because that would definitely be flirting. You're 25-29? Chances are even better she's trying to flirt. Younger girls throw emoticons around a lot more and don't necessarily mean as much by it. It's definitely not a hard and fast rule but I know I wouldn't send a winking emoticon nor would any of my girlfriends (we are all 23-25) to a guy unless we were interested on some level. The obvious situation that doesn't work in your favor that comes to mind though, is if this is your best girl friend who loves you but is not in love with you, and is kind of being an ass, albeit inadvertently. It's not awesome, but girls do this sometimes because even if they aren't interested in dating a guy, they still crave the attention he gives them. Good luck, champ.

• Yeah idk. She does seem to use emoticons alot. We weren't talking about anything. She text me first. She started the text by apologizing for disappearing earlier, then "I missed you ;-)". I'm 25 and she is 23 or 24, I forget. I still don't know, guess I'll find out soon. I sometimes think she craves the attention which is why I'm a bit leery jumping in head first.

• Well regardless it's good you are being wary- it's important to stay aloof. Everyone that says they don't like "the game" is either bad at it or fooling themselves. It's not even a game so much as recognizing and using human nature to your advantage. People are intrigued by what they can't have. Stay friendly and flirty but don't be too eager. For example, in response to her text, instead of jumping to "I missed you too" try something like, "It happens ;-)" And of course, don't respond too soon!

• Great response and advice. Thank you. We are working on a paper tonight together. So yeah, I'm just going to take things as they come. Without being an eager beaver.

What Girls Said 3

• I have a feeling it's a flirt ;)

• ;) the winky thing is clear! :D flirty flirt

• the wink makes it flirty. the mere I miss you does not

What Guys Said 1

• It's a flirt, a lot of people say things like that.