What does it mean when an ex is asking to hang out again?

it's been four months since we broke up. We dated for a year and 7 months. We met up a week ago, and now he's asking me to hang out over an inbox on facebook. He won't add me on facebook and lied about not having a phone.. but it's been twice now that he's asked me to hang out. and I heard he is seeing someone. I don't know what to do because I still have some feelings for him. I told him in the email that I did, and I would just see him around.. and then he emailed me back saying we should hang out this week! what the heck does that mean!? should I hang out with him.. or ask him if he has feelings for me.

Most Helpful Girl

• Breakups are never easy for anyone. But, you said it yourself, he's lying to you and he won't even give you a Facebook add. Why should you put yourself out there and sacrifice for someone who isn't willing to do the same? This guy is definitely not treating you right and if you end up giving him his way by hanging out with him, getting close to him, and possibly dating you again, you are basically saying it's OK for him to lie to you and not treat you well and get away with it, which only means when you get back together, he's going to treat you even worse. I'm sure you still have feelings for him, but save them for someone who treats you with the respect you deserve. There are plenty of people out there who will do that, don't settle for the one that doesn't.

What Guys Said 1

• I would say to ask him to be open and honest bout his feelings for you. That could be why he want to go hang out as well, maybe he just wants to do it face to face.

What Girls Said 2

• sounds kinda sketchy to me.i would straight up ask him what's going on and why he want to hang out and how you feel.you don't really have anything to lose.(but it sounds to me like he might want a booty call but idk)

• maybe he's just tryin to get a little extra attention that his current girl isn't giving him.