Why would a guy ask for a girl's number, but not call or text her?

Okay, so I like this guy. We have been private messaging each other for facebook for 3 days straight. We have exchanged about 56 messages back and forth to each other. There was one time, in between the messages, were he didn’t reply back to be until 2 weeks later. Anyways, he finally sent me a message with his number, and he told me to text him. That same day, I sent him only ONE text message, I wrote my number on the message so that he will be able to contact me as well. So 2 days after, I contacted him by sending him a text just asking him what’s up, and we exchanged only 6 messages back and forth. He sent the last message. It’s been almost 3 weeks, and even though he has my number, he has never even bothered to text or call me at all! I was the one who had to text him first.

I don’t know what I should do now.

Should I just text him, or wait for him to text me?

A little background information, we used to be coworkers, but we don’t really know each other that well. I don’t see him anymore, so I can only contact him through facebook or his number.

Do you think he would have contacted me by now if he was interested?

Most Helpful Guy

• He either did it for a trophy or confidence booster, he changed his mind or last interest afterward, or he's shy despite talking to you and hasn't contacted you. One of those three are my guess, but I couldn't tell you which one because I don't know him or the situation.

• Thanks Brando. Should I contact him, or should I keep waiting for him?

• Maybe try texting him or sending him a message asking if he's still alive. But otherwise, I wouldn't push it too much. If he hasn't contacted you, he has a reason and you wouldn't want to keep bothering him over it.

What Guys Said 1

• Why would a guy ask for a girl's number, but not call or text her? <<<<

Because he was so drunk on his way home that he lost your number. Trust me, it's happen to me.

What Girls Said 1

• it happens. there's really no explanation for it. just gotta move on