What was your first real relationship like?

How did you meet? How old were/are you? What was your first date like? How long were you together, or are you still together? What did you learn from your first real relationship?

:) Just curious.

Most Helpful Girl

• I'm in my first real relationship right now, and I'm 17. We've been going out since the first week in November, I met him at a Halloween dance. I'm awful at dancing, and refused to dance with him when he asked me, but he ended up just sort of gently holding my hips, and we started dancing. The next day I discovered he was in my religion class, and we talked for a while, and he asked me to go to a movie with him that friday. We were really really awkward for at least the first half of the movie, and he kept complimenting me, over and over and over. I could tell he wanted to kiss me, but I wouldn't let him, he kissed me on the cheek, and for the rest of the movie we just talked and held hands. He's really sweet, and we're officially together now. And he's awful at kissing, but that's fine I guess haha. Oddly enough, we're both seniors, and this is a first relationship for both of us. And my first kiss. I haven't really learned a lot, except for the fact that guys are really clueless sometimes. And that I'm very selfish, where as he is more thoughtful, and more clingy haha. My friends tease us, and say that he's the "girl" in the relationship. I'm working on being a better girlfriend, (:

What Guys Said 1

• Mine was sweeeet...I was 18 & she was 17. We met in a club on the dancefloor, not dancing but just chatting and then exchange numbers. We went to the cinema on the first date and it was between Bridget Jones diary or The Grudge. We chose Grudge...lol yh we kissed and held hands, I'll never forget that night. What I learnt from all of it was...all I learned was how inexperienced I was in dating etc...a few basics really...no we're not together any moe

What Girls Said 2

• You've got a lot of questions..

We met in high school. I was 16 and he was 17. I am 40 and he is now dead. Our first date was good...nothing tremendous. We went to a club and danced and drank beer and cuddled and talked. We were together for 2 years and then he went into the military and I went to college. No, he is done and dusted. He died in Iraq. I learned that you can have fun that does not have to end with having sex and that you have to be friends first before you can have meaningful sex.

• Haha, yeah. I get bored on here when I'm not answering questions, so I ask some.

• Exactly. I just get most of my questions deleted because of haters. Oh well.

• I'm a late bloomer, I didn't have my first real relationship until college. We met in class, I was 18, he was 19. I guess you could say our first date was a study date lol. But I learned alot, relationships are really hard. I was use to doing what I wanted whenever and having the freedom to do that, but when in a relationship, I had to share my life, my loves, my doubts, fears, with someone else. That was really new to me and definitely a challenge.