How often do you hang out/ spend time with your boyfriend/girlfriend?

Some people think it's unhealthy to hang out with them every day, while others spend every waking moment together. My boyfriend and I usually spend a few days together, then won't see each other for a few days because we have other friends, a life, school, and so on. Just wondering what everyone thinks is a healthy balance.

Most Helpful Girl

• I've been with my boyfriend for two years, its a long distance relationship (So far) and out of those two years, I've only seen him four times... It's difficult not seeing them, but it hasn't affected our relationship thus far. We're still going good. I think if someone hangs out with each other constantly, they will start getting tired of one another. When this happens, they will start pushing the other away due to needing space.

What Guys Said 1

• I think it's important to have some time to yourself to pursue your own activities and hobbies. If you spend every second together for years, eventually you will run out of things to say. Being able to have some time to yourself allows you to still grow as a person and always remain new and exciting.

How many days/week? Heck if I know :) I'm sure it's different for everyone.

What Girls Said 2

• My boyfriend and I attend the same university; generally we are on our own and hanging out with our own friends during the day and later in the evening we'll hang out either just by ourselves or together with mutual friends. We see each other everyday, but not every waking minute because we both have other stuff we're involved in... and quite frankly I'm terrified of making a nuisance of myself ha ha :)

• I normally spend 3/4 days a week with my boyfriend. I think anymore and we would get sick of each other. I like my "me time" as I tell him. We still talk on the phone everyday though