How many text messages do you send and receive on average in a day?

And please state your age. I'm just wondering how much people are texting these days and what the general norm is.

Most Helpful Girl

• For me it really varies. I'm 21, and I can be receiving/sending enough texts to delete my inbox multiple times in one day. I've never FILLED my inbox, but I start getting annoying alerts telling me it's filling up once I get past 150 or so. Then it's just a matter of when I'm irritated enough to delete them all, just to stop those alerts.

Other times, like today, I've probably sent and received about 5 texts, apiece. Just depends on how chatty I'm feeling, or who contacts me.

What Guys Said 6

• 18 and zero.

• I'm 21, and I don't send/receive many. On some days, it may be a max of 10. But on average, I'll say around 10-15

• im 20 and maybe I send a recieve 10-15 total. It used to be a lot more but since me and my lady friend don't talk as much anymore its a lot less :( its actually not that bad...texting is a pain, just pick up the phone and call.

• I'm 16 and don't text or have a phone, nor do I want one.

• 22 and not much...

• 16, none, none.

What Girls Said 9

• 25, and probably somewhere between 0-5. I mostly just text my boyfriend when he's at work, to tell him I hope he's having a good day or to ask him to buy toilet paper or something on his way home.

• it varies for me. sometimes I text while in class just to pass the time, or my friends will text me while they're in class. other times I may not even send 5 messages in a day. I use facebook chat and skype way more often. I always keep my facebook up whenever I'm on my laptop, and my friends and I have conversations throughout the day. we usually skype 3-4 times a week. I'm 19 by the way

• I'm 18. I talk to quite a few of my friends each day over text, so I'd say around 50 outgoing and 50 incoming.

• 17, and at most 20-30 both ways.

but these days, none-10.

• none. I have never texted & never plan to...

• 50 maybe?

I used to be a textaholic and would literally text 1,000 + messages a day and over 7,000 a week...bad haha.I'm over that.

• I'm 22

usually 30 messages a day (including sending and receiving)

• I'm 20. I used to be addicted to my phone but now I just use facebook or email to talk with people. I would send like 300+ texts a day and receive around the same amount. I have a Blackberry.

• im 18 and I send and receive maybe a dozen a day on average