What are the dynamics of dating/relationships? how are these two correlated?

I'm a 20 year old college student who just discovered or at least I'm in the realms of discovering the dynamics of dating and relationships. I just started dating a guy which I met through an online dating site. This is actually the first guy I started dating from that website, thus I don't have much experience in the dating world. So, we have been seeing each other for a little over a month and everything has been going great. So far I've met his friends, some co-workers and his cousin. You would think- huh everything seems to be going just fine-- but there is one thing that is kind of bothering me, he is also dating one other girl beside me and is still talking to girls on the dating website. I do want to mention that we spend a lot of time together-- I've spent a whole weekend with him, and I do see him every week.

Now, I'm thinking to myself where does the dating stage end and the relationship is formed? I guess my question is that how long does dating last and when do you become exclusive? Given the facts, should I still see this guy and see where things go or should I move on and date other guys? I always wonder what are the differences between dating someone and being in a relationship with someone... Are this two concepts different or are they the same? What do you think?

What Guys Said 0

What Girls Said 2

• There's only one way to really find out; ask him yourself. See what's going on and what his intentions are. Don't be afraid to tell him how you feel because communication is key in a good relationship. Its not fair to you to wait around for him to figure out what he wants while dating other girls. His actions aren't normal. That's not what usually happens. When two people like each other then that's it, they usually talk and get to know each other for a couple of months and then date but they don't see other people (at least make it known). Yes there is a difference between dating and a relationship but to me once you've taken a girl out on a second date you don't date other girls unless you're a player. But if the relationship between you two if fairly new then just go with the flow for a little bit. Keep going on dates but tell him how you feel. If he doesn't stop dating other girls after that then he's not the right guy for you.

• I was in this same exact position as you and still kind of am, but have made my mind about it. If you really like the guy then tell him. And tell him that you want to be exclusive. If he doesn't go for it then he's not for you.

If you're still on the fence with the whole ordeal and don't really know if you want to be with him in the long run or if you just like him as a friend, then keep things the way they are. It seems that there isn't any pressure right now for a serious relationship and this way you're free to date around, just as he is doing.

And yes the two concepts are different. Dating someone is exactly what it sounds like, you're dating them...going on dates, however you want to say it. This typically is the wooing period. When you're in a relationship usually the couple in question is much more serious about things and has gotten to the point where they have a deeper connection than they did before. It's all relative though.