Why don't many ladies cook anymore?

Why don't many ladies cook anymore? Are gender roles changing?

It seems like many Men are in the kitchen now as a way to woo a woman. It seems ladies have taken this as their chance to stop all the cooking to try and win a guys affection.

So seriously, is it just me thinking this, or do girls not cook anymore? I am not referring to mothers or much more mature ladies.

After reading all of these responses, I am pretty sure women have forgotten the age old secret to finding a man who will love you forever happily. The secret is in the form of a quote.

"The secret to a man's heart is through his stomach"

So I was thinking about this earlier today. Many times ladies get angry when a guy treats a girl like she is a piece of meat. I bet if a girl learned how to cook a actual piece of meat extremely well guys will stop treating her like she is one.promise
Do you think that neither a man or women cooking leads to eating out more? I hypothesize that a person in a home cooking is very unlikely to make a meal as fattening as restaurants can. Then that leads to obesity?Not cooking leads to obesity?
Let me add that I am not saying cooking is part of the "wooing process" that a girl must do to get a guy.

I am saying that a girl who already has a significant relationship SHOULD be able to help with the cooking. Show you care in the kitchen! :-)
A girl recently made me waffles with strawberries and blueberries. And bacon. Left me druelling...lol

What's Your Opinion?

0/2000 characters

Most Helpful Opinion

• seriously?...It's not like women are sitting out there rubbing their hands together scheming of the next way we can dastardly take advantage of men...

honestly, most of us have been taught how to cook, its really not that difficult if you can read and can afford the ingredients.

I'll break it down for you like this. Back in the day, most women started their cooking careers when they got married and had a husband and soon after a family to feed. Now most people don't get married till their late 20's and early 30's. Cooking for your boyfriend was never part of the wooing process...as it should go, the male should do the wooing, not the female (although this can be different in some cases and I'm not saying that this is only way to go about it). If you're just cooking for yourself why take lots of time, effort and money when you're already pressed all for all three. This leads to my second point. Studies have shown that in the US there is a higher percentage of women that go to college as compared to men. This also leads you to believe that there's a higher percentage of women in successful, high-paying careers as well (since the two are directly correlated). This is not to say that there are no men out there who are successful or make lots of money, I'm just saying the balance is swaying. Therefore wouldn't it also fit that its more acceptable for the gender roles within the home to also sway?

So to sum this up...yes girls do cook, but because we're stressed, tired and poor (just like everyone else out there) we don't get fancy with it. And unless we feel like we want to do something really special for our guy, we're not going to cook every night for you unless you prove that you're worth our time. We're not scheming on how to make you love us as you seem to think.

• exactly, most women know how to cook, its just that they are far too bone idle and lazy to do so, and thus rely on the man while they sit back and watch sh*t on TV.

Besides, womens food taste like sh*t. all the best chefs in the world are men. (ps. I'm a chef).

Same goes with hair cutting. I would NEVER EVER in my life let a woman hairdresser cut my hair. I learned that very valuable lesson when I was a kid. I think the government should force women from a young age to attend cooking classes.

• guys like to cook to .. don't get sexist not

• <3 Any girls who want to make me a bento box for lunch pm me! <3

<3 Or girls who want to go make the $$$, I will stay home and make you a bento box! <3

• Show Older

What Girls Said 69

• I still cook at my house and I cook for my guy friends too.

• you are a winner

• Most of this generation is being raised differently. Women now are into having a good paying career and hopefully becoming president of some country. Who has time to learn to cook! No really. Cooking believe it or not is a good skill to learn and I think everyone should learn it. Women were the ones to prepare the meals in the past along with taking care of the kids, because men were always out somewhere working near or away from home, so us women were branded as the cooks. I know these days of other countries, women are taught to cook at a very young age some of their traditions are still the same. I think it depends on how your raised. Maybe because everything is so fast these days that some women find it boring.

• You mention woman wanting to spend time becoming president instead of worrying about cooking.

I am willing to bet my left testicle that Barack Obama can cook.

So yes, you must agree with me that the theory that woman are too busy getting careers to cook is nonsense!

I would be very happy with a sexy woman coming home from work, around the same time I come home from work and us cooking together...

and then we can do adult things while the food simmers or is in the stove...

• because my mom grew up in a trailer park with a microwave. Most women learn to cook from their mothers. I honestly don't have the patience, I have my own life, I'm building my own career and I rarely have time to cook something that goes above and beyond the call of a microwave . Also, my boyfriend loves to cook and can't put up with me half-assing something. However, I do make really bomb cookies and will bake them for my boyfriend once in a while.

• not necessarily, it's like, you're a product of your parents. Think about it, in a lot of cultures the women stay home and the children learn how to cook, sew etc by watching the mother. I was just never in an environment where cooking was emphasized. Plus, it's not the fact that my boyfriend CAN cook, it's the fact that he gets annoyed with my cooking practices and kicks me out of the kitchen.

• Not having your mother show you is not a really good excuse. Or your boyfriend can cook is not also.

So if my father never told me to not hit woman, it would be OK to do so?

This is obviously a really extreme and ridiculous case, but it seems to be the same thought process you are taking.

• Part of it is because men don't mind cooking, like they did in the olden days. Another part is because there is fast food/restaurants/etc. Before, everything had to be made from scratch, but these days, making a meal can be as easy as ordering a pizza or popping a TV dinner in the oven. As times have advanced, the quality of food has become poorer. People are much less patient these days, so they don't want to spend hours cooking a meal. They want their meal now & look for ways to decrease the amount of time they have to wait. That is why fast food is so valued these days, because it's "Fast." Then there is also the fact that women are not "required" to cook anymore. Because they are no longer required, they may opt not to cook because of laziness or because they don't have time. In some relationships, the woman works & the man stays home with the children. It is only natural that he would cook since she is at work all day.

• Well, it would only seem fair that the person not working would do the chores. But some men prefer cooking because they are better at it, and vice versa.

• According to your last sentence, it should also be logical that if the man works all day and the woman stays home, she would cook.

Right?

See, this is where my question lies. In the case of the man it is obvious he would cook, but in the case of a female...they still won't cook many times. This makes no sense to me.

• I LOVE COOKING! ha ha I'd much rather be the one to cook because I know that it will most likely turn out good and I know what's going into it:)

• sexy

• I am not a great cook and the reason is, is that I am not in the house long enough to prepare a meal. I need something quick like oatmeal, if I had a man that knew how to cook. I would like him to teach me and maybe teach me how to prepare his favorite meal. I may be vegetarian but if I knew how to make a Tri-tip steak the way he likes it, I would make it for him with side dishes that he likes and he has taught me. But it would be nice if he cooked for me too, it's not hard to impress me with food.

• Those years when young women were trained to be "real women" by cooking and sewing were replaced by college prep schools, the quest for a college, graduate and doctoral/vocational degree, and ultimately the anxiety over cracking through the current layer in the d*mned glass ceiling, which has more layers to it than there are layers of ice in Greenland...

STILL, some of us *do* manage to learn how to cook, clean, sew, and woo men -- rather well, in fact. Despite this, even the best of us are often under-appreciated.

In the end, either the guy wants the girl or doesn't. Either the girl wants the guy or doesn't. If the answer for either is a "no" then it doesn't matter if she's Betty Crocker and Martha Stuart rolled into one...

• a really stressful project or task. I usually have more than I can manage to consume and give a tray away to the Sunday school program, the doctor's office, or whatever other office I happen to be visiting the following week. A few of my friends have dibs on the tray I keep at home.

Not all women are like that. Not all men are like that either. :-) I went to school with guys whose idea of a meal was popping open a can of ravioli and eating the contents straight out of the container. AY!

• I'm not saying a girl should not be able to cook at all. (Everyone should be able to make a staple like pasta and meatballs with a salad, for example.) There's just still an expectation for women to be able to do all the pretty, gourmet stuff.

Personally, baking's my thing. It's a great way to de-stress, but it's not something I can do every day. Twice a month I make a list of all the stuff I need, get the ingredients on a random weekday, and have a bake-off, usually on the weekend following =>

• Men are working full time and cooking. I think woman should also be able to work full time and cook. I am not saying that woman should take off their shoes and cook and do nothing else but take care of her man. I am saying, yes woman are working and doing things, but just because they do does not mean they are out of helping with the house in many ways.

Regarding the betty crocker and martha stuart, if the girl does not cook, that is a BIG NO SALE for me, and likely for many other guys.

• this is the exact copy of another answer.

• Because cooking is sooooooo boring.

• Their's more to a person than cooking skills, but hey your entitled to your opinion.

• also, I think a girl who doesn't cook is boring.

• then who is supposed to cook? Cooking should be a fun event done together.

• not all women cook cause they werent taught to take care of their men...im not saying a womans place is in the kitchen...however since the begaining of time women have been the ones who cook...an men if thts the way you want it then you should be the bread winner an tha little lady should take care of the house...

• I do sh*t I can throw down tahehe ;)

• Its not that I won't cook, its just that I am terrible at it...so probably not a good idea to eat what I cook, you might end up not coming back from it...lol

Although I make a damn good cheese sandwich!...ha ha ha...

• nah, I tend to set the kitchen on fire...no, I'm not too bad really, I just don't enjoy cooking.

• if you practice cooking you will get better, just like everything else in life.

• Well, maybe it's just the American women that don't cook, I mean I always see on tv, like those orange county housewives, never cook, and like have these personal chefs.

But anyway, why don't men cook at all, last few ex's only knew how to make, cereal, and soup, and sandwiches, like that's not real food!

And just so you know, I'm Russian, not American and have been cooking since the age of 11 (:

• Me and most of my male friends cook...and often.

• thts a dumb aqusation...cause I'm American an I cook everyday...i have ccoked since I could read...my dad was the one in the kitchen all the time an vowed to not be like my mom...so now tht you have made your self look dumb you should relize tht American women cook alot...its the lazy rich women who do not cook cause they don't have to...so do your research b4 you start spouting racist shyt ight...stupid

• well if I really like a guy I cook him a nice home made meal nothing says I love you like spending all day preparing something he will appreciate! I think a home made meal is awesome and is always a cute gesture and the guys I dated like it.

• exactly!

• Well...i Cook...Because I prefer my own food... and the way I make it as to others lol.

In my family..every women still cooks..its part of my culture.

• I love to cook and I cook all of the time, I prefer it. I also think that gender roles are changing but, there are many women who enjoy traditional gender roles. I am 22 and no where near thinking about marriage and what-have-you. BUT when I do "grow up" I have no problem with cooking, doing laundry, ect. AS LONG as the man doesn't mind offering when I don't feel like it :P

• Im 17 and I cook -_- mainly cause my parents refuse to cook for me lol, but I can defiantly cook. I like being able to cook for other people, it makes me feel satisfied that they have enjoyed things, plus I also find cooking enjoyable :) Though I wouldn't know how to cook meat I' m vegetarian, which makes me feel bad because my boyfriend loves meat, and I just can't bring myself to cook it :( he eats veggie for me though :D :) xXx

• Because men don't appreciate anything so therefore they don't deserve to have their wife of girlfriend cook for them .

• well that would be nice... its like me asking you...

if you had a small penis wouldn't you want me to appreciate what you have to offer? lol

you know what I mean ...

• so you are saying if you feel appreciated you will cook?

• I love cooking. My father taught me to cook beautiful food. Bloody hell, I can just taste his cooking now...great, now I'm hungry.

• oh... unlike the girls below sayin how they can cook I truthfully can't cook for sh*t... my food either turns out extremely burnt or extremely tasteless... or both... so I'm not gonna embarrass myself by attempting.. I gave up on the dream of being a good cook a LONG time ago...

• I think both people in the relationship should cook. Just as both should do the housework.

• Uhh, hmm...

Laziness. Or being too "busy"(which I think is absolutely ridiculous. No one should be so busy that they can't cook a decent meal).

I mean really, people are getting fatter because they're freaking stupid and were never taught anything about cooking, or they're just lazy, or they've got so much on their schedule that they can't even be bothered. It's shameful. There are some kids that don't even know how to turn on a stove...

And I guess women these days are all, "men should help in the kitched" which I can understand, but not "help" so much that their only role is supervising.

Ugh.

• It's just you. Obviously, your ideals of a woman have been set in the past. Which is fine, don't get me wrong, it's just your own view and what you look for in a person. However, most women "don't cook anymore," because we are now free to go out and work, attend college, basically have a life just like a mans- all of our personalities have developed and formed more naturally. We weren't pushed into the "roles of a women,"; we grew up in the time of freedom and "instant-ness" which means a lot of us didn't grow up HAVING to take time cooking a meal; we could just eat easy quick things or just do whatever the hell we wanted. Also, a lot of the time we are busy or too lazy to go and cook. Maybe somebody us aren't good at it or just don't want to. Unless we are chefs, or it's a special occasion, or maybe it's a passionate hobby- you aren't going to see many people sitting in their kitchen cooking up a storm for their man. It's just not appropriate in times such as this. It's not impossible to find a good ole fashion women though, I'm sure, so you just have to be patient finding somebody who will suit that need for you.

• It takes a lot of time and effort to make a meal. And I have been using my cooking as a new strategy to woo a guy I like. I think it's working :) But it doesn't work for every guy. Some guys just don't appreciate a girl who can cook. If you don't appreciate it, then it becomes hard for the girl to stay motivated to do it.

It can also be a lot of stress and be expensive to buy all the ingredients. In my time dating, I have rarely, and I mean one guy has only cooked for me. So I think it works both ways. I met a guy once who thought that it was solely the woman's job to stay in the kitchen, clean and cook. Well he obviously didn't win my affections.

My strategy right now is to make a nice meal, and the guy I am wooing comes and helps me. Not because I have asked him to, he just helps because he wants to :) Makes me feel appreciated. And so I feel he deserves delicious food. And I make sure he gets a good meal when he comes to my house!

So if you want a woman to cook for you, or at least help, make it a rewarding experience for her too! Cooking together can be fun, and tell her how much you like cooking with her! She will be more apt to want to cook if you make it fun and show your appreciation!

• I don't know about other women, but I absolutely love cooking

and I haven't noticed what you are asking about...

• cause its not 60s any more... how hard is the answers anyways...

• I love cooking its fun, I its kinda like art you can always try something new. but I'm not that way because I'm girl it's just something some enjoy, my grandpa is the one who taught me how to cook

• ha! true I have noticed that I am like one of my only friends that cooks. welp I think ladies figure like this.. If a have sex with him I don't have to cook. sad... but I see it in the trends.

• lol I know right?

• So the trend ends up being, "If I have sex with him, I do not have to __"

You realize this is why men use women for sex? They realize that after they get sex, there is nothing else left the girl can offer them. You should tell this to your friends.

Girls are being less and less like women, and more and more like whores in this case.

It is very sad.

:-/

• I tried cooking for a guy I liked once, on the advice of a male friend. Nope. Never again. I wasted my time and energy worrying about making the perfect dinner and having the perfect menu. He didn't even want to go out with me after that. Never again.

• Guys don't want the 'perfect' meal or the 'perfect' woman. They want one that's good enough.

• There is a chance the guy just wanted to have sex with you, did not like the meal or did not like you.

Cooking is in ADDITION to who you are, not everything.

• was the food terrible.

• Women cook. Maybe not all of us...but I do.

Although, I do go to college, so I really haven't got a lot of time for it. And I'll have even less time after I get a job...so it may happen that I'll be cooking for anyone (including myself) once a month tops...

It's not that women don't like/want to cook...it's that we don't have time for it anymore!

Ad least that's what is happening to me...

• Haha

It's all so well organized in your head...but life isn't so organized...ever...

• whoever did not cook cleans. Or if both people cooked, then both can clean!

• And then...who is going to clean?

Yeah...that's right!

WE CAN'T DO EVERYTHING!

We're not robots!

• Show Older
  • Do you like cooking? Lots of girls don't like cooking. If they're not being forced to by social roles, they're not going to. I don't find cooking fun, but I do it because I have to (I live on my own). This is like asking why don't guys serenade girls anymore. People just have different intrests.

• I serenade girls. I play the piano.

• I think there is less cooking in general. Much more eating out, and pre-made meals at home. Since our idea of gender roles is changing and its acceptable for men to cook this adds to the effect too. So yeah, gender roles mainly. Girls don't have to cook, so they won't unless they want to. I love it, I make fancy dinners 3-4 times a week, and my man cooks 3-4 times a month and makes an awesome meal too.

• I cook , my boyfriend cooks ... we have equal roles

• great!

• Thats not true, I cook but now I'm single I've got no one but myself to cook for

• I am not sayng cooking is the magic answer to all of your dating problems.

• I don't cook much because I absolutely hate cooking.

• I do some, but not much. It's not something I enjoy at all.

• not like food?

Because sometimes you might have to cook so that you can have food that you like.

• cooking would bore me, I'd say if I lived with a man or even another women (that would be abit awkward and werid), we'd share cooking and other house chores equally. And please, a way to a man's heart is through his penis, not his stomach.

• If the way to a man's heart was through his penis, the would be COMPLETELY different.

• that's bs

• the way to a mans heart is through his stomach.

Girls have been trying to keep guys using their vagina for years.

But I bet in almost every case, a guy is much more likely to stay with a girl if she cooks very well for him, and does it happily!

See, a special girl can cook a great meal. But every girl has a Vagina. So CLEARLY, his penis is not what needs to be pleased, it is his appetite.

• Well I'm a Southern girl from Tennessee and I was always told by my mother that " A way to a man's heart was through his stomach". As I was growing up I've always known for my mother cooking , some good soul food everyday . And by the time my father got home dinner was always made. When I was 14-16 years old that's when my grandma and my mother started to tech me how to cook; and they would always tell me they where doing this because I was going to be a wife someday. I come from a huge family who loves to cook ; and 98% of the females cook for their husbands. I don't know if its just a southern thing , but we still cook for our men .

• awesome, but, the question is...will you cook if you have a job?

If both you and your future Mr. Right have a job, will you share the responsibility and cook?

Or will you ONLY cook if he is the only bread winner in the house and you have all day to relax and cook

• I love to cook , I'm currently not married at the time, but when I do Mr. Right , he'll certainly have dinner already ready when he gets home. I do love eating out but as far as doing it everyday , NO! And I don't want to depend on my man to cook, but I would love to have one who can cook. I think woman and men have roles, and for the woman role its to cook for her family , and the man role is to provide for his wife . He can make the money while I cook. =)

• Well, you might be surprised to know that some women have no desire to learn how to cook. Some prefer to simply eat out for every meal or depend on their man to cook.

In your opinion, what do you think about this?

• My sister's husband cooks because she is so busy with the kids.

Men need to realize that they need to contribute to the homemaking. Cooking helps a whole lot.

But I also can't figure out why women aren't cooking. I cook from scratch because I think it's easier. I don't know why so many women are fixing prepared foods, etc.

• Yes, I think both genders should help cooking. My problem is when men help with cooking and women do not.

• I suck in the kitchen, like really. Despite hours of my mom, grandma, friends, and current boyfriend trying to get me to cook, I'm a disastor. We're talking crunchy ramon noodles, milk spraying through the vents on the microwave while trying to make hot chocolate, burning water bad. Some of us just weren't made to work in the kitchen.

Also, this is so sexiest it's not even funny.

• This is actually not sexist*

I never said women HAD TO COOK, or cannot do anything but cook.

I am simply asking, "where did the home cooked food go?"

And THAT is a very valid question. It sounds like the mistakes you are making come from not focusing.Cooking is not hard at all. It is just following directions and being precise. So basically, a person is only not good at it if they are not trying.

Creating a meal is a totally different thing. Monkeys can put ingredients together. :-/

• feminism didn't cause people to do anything. People created feminism, just saying.. I saw it mentioned. Women can cook or not cook if you want to be with someone who cooks then don't get involved with someone who can't.

• Wel OK I take care of myself & I don't waste money going out to eat. So I'm not familiar with this trend.. yea sure in general everyone should be competent & bot be lazy,

• exactly...cooking should be part of a need basis.

Unfortunately, many girls will rely on a man to either cook for them or take them out to dinner. That is crap! Everyone should at some point learn to cook so they can learn to take care of themselves.

I guess I imagine if a person cannot cook that might just be ONE of the ways that they cannot take care of themselves.

• i did cooking because it was necessary for survival not as part of me as a package. it was never something I thought of as pat of me, just something I did on a as needed basis,

• Show Older
  • Show More

What Guys Said 21

• I am a practicing chef! My girl tries to get me outa the kitchen but I refuse to let her in (She can cook and wants to!) BUT in my house I OWN the kitchen and I cook for my family and my girl loves it but she wants to cook for me some times

• Well personally I love to cook, so ho, get out of the kitchen and let me in.

• I love to cook! If a girl likes to cook as well that is great we can make food together which is really fun! If she doesn't like to cook it's not as great but it can still be nice because I know she is enjoying something from me she doesn't know how to do herself so I'm giving her something special.

your first two updates sound really old fashioned and a little sexist. just saying. But then again, there are old fashioned women out there that will love to cook for you and be your mama.

• Women aren't cooking because of the stupid ass feminist movement! I'm not saying that women can't do anything, but just because you want to be independent(at least until things get too tough for you and you break down) doesn't mean you can't cook or that it's sexist to cook. Look, there are things that women are better at than men in most cases... Cooking IS ONE OF THEM! So, stop being so stubborn women and just freaking cook.

• i couldn't marry a girl who couldn't or wouldn't cook for me

• i could never marry a chick who couldn't or wouldn't coom for me ..come on wtf?

• lol

• Maybe it's your fault she's not cooming. Communicating can help.

• because feminism is making women think that COOKING is slavery

• Feminism was established to support people living under complete injustice. People who already had consciousness of their problems-It didn't create anyone- it just represented them. Its not an omnipotent force- its an ism, like any group or will have its share of corrupt thinkers&its share of fair rational ones.

Why don't you define what you speak of- Instead of hiding behind the term that has to this day an extremely ambiguous meaning? Are you speaking of human rights women rights-what?

• lol. But cooking is fun.

• Womens rights... lmao

• could be that feminism is more these days than ever, discouraging women from taking on roles of their mothers/grandmothers.

• exactly. Ladies above are saying that they do not cook because they are itred from other obligations or busy from other obligations..

Well, men are tired or busy from other obligations as well! So yes, that is a terrible argument for a lady to take.

• "tired from work" is never an excuse a guy can use apparently, lol.

• The problem is when girls don't feel they should cook because of feminism but then also don't feel they should cook because they are tired from work.

Guys will still cook even though they came from work. This should be a loving shared responsibility.

• My wife and I tend to share the cooking duties. Most of the time we do it together.

• yes yes yes yes yes!

"good time to bond"

Cooking is doing something constructive and loving together to provide for each other.

What more is there to make a relationship strong?

Anyway, again, have a great marriage!

• Thank you. It's a good time to bond, talk about our days, etc. Plus I love grilling.

• good, I wish you the best of success in your marriage.

• Feminists syndrome, nuff said.

Many women these days think of themselves as underdeveloped men.

• I personally dated couple girls I felt in love with each one. I find out that each one of them didn't know how to cook. In fact, they told me "I don't know how to cook and I won't cook." I asked one, if who will cook for her chidlren even if her husband was a good cooker but got sick or has to travel and she says, ;"I don't know, maybe I will go to Mcdoland." that is when I stoped dating and they got hurt.

I heard one got really depressed and said to a friend, "she was deeply in love with me and want to be her future husband".

but seriously who wants marry a women who don't know how to cook? I am a great cooker. I used work many resturants. I can even become a cheif because I know Italian cusine, Mexican, Arab, and East African cusine which is great. However, I will never marry a woman who can't cook. I want a woman who can delicious food for me when I can't or when she has to. And it is not about changing but man are changing and becoming cookers because we, the man of this generation understand letting woman have equal opportunity and rights is also important and neccessary for us and our children.

However, if woman says, "I don't how to cook' and I want my husband cook for me. Then she is damb loser and probably has to fool a foolish man, not me!

• yeah. I can understand shared responsibilities. But if my future wife would take my kids to mcdonalds every time I did not cook, I would be a very unhappy man.

• I'm OK with men cooking... we need to start getting these ladies onto diets anyways.. they're all becoming whales

• to evangelina's comment.

Maybe everyone is becoming whales because nobody is cooking a home made meal.

Everyone decides to go to McDonald's or Chilis or some other restaurant that makes food more fattening then would could ever possibly make at home!

Yes, guys and ladies are getting big! So make a damn Cheeseburger at home on the george foreman! It won't be nearly as bad as buying one at the above named restaurants!

• Guys are becoming whales also

• wow. But then again, America could use a diet!

MY FRIEND, I BELIEVE THE PROBLEM IS THAT PEOPLE ARE EATING OUT FOR TOO MANY MEALS. The eating out is what is making so many Americans fat.

What if...the whole of America, MEN AND WOMEN all lost weight when ladies started cooking at home more as well as men?

hmmmm?

Ladies..please don't hate me for this one! But it is true!

• well this is not only the thing I have many things which girls stop doing...

i can see many ladies after geting married they even don't care of the children they have and only think of money.

they even don't know what their child is studying. but am sure this is not all girls does only few, am afraid this should not spread more...

• I totally agree with you. Woman are tying to take other roles. Men doing the same. I feel a lot of men pamper themselves more than woman now too lol

In all honesty, I think its a womans job to cook and maintain, and a man's job to work.

Maybe I'm old fashioned, but that's just how life has always been, and I'm not out to try and change something that's been working perfect for so long.

I honestly thinks its sad seeing a girl who reluctant to cook. Huge turn off for me, especially if she ever wants to have kids.

I prefer a wifey type. Not some feminist thinking she's a guy.

When it comes down to it. Woman are emotional. They make many decisions based on emotions. This is scientific fact. This is why many people don't want a woman as a president or running a major corporation.

And as stated before, there is a larger woman to man ratio.

Also, you can say that there are more woman in college, but college does not lead to success.

Last I checked, its the men running all the major corporations, its the men who dominate the art and music industry, and ironically its the men that dominate cooking! lol

I personally think woman are capable of learning at much faster rates. But when it comes down to it, its not just about the moment. Its about the moment and how you want it to lead into the future.

I honestly think woman are just much better at organization, preparing, etc. Woman are very good at keeping things together, where as men are more clumsy.

I know I drifted off the topic a little. But I believe it is important for a woman to know how to cook and care. Especially if she's going to be my wifey some day.

• Your right, many women do not cook anymore. Come to think of it, many women do not do ANY of the things that they traditionally did in the past

What's funny is that they all still expect a male-breadwinner. They will still leave men if he doesn't make enough money. Pure hypocrisy

• Gender roles have been completely warped, with husband-abuse rates reaching sky-high levels. Cooking is only one dire symptom. Resist brothers, before our hawt female overlords entirely place their high-heels/yokes upon our necks.

Te he he.

• Honestly, I think you're generalizing a bit too much.

It is true that gender roles have expanded (more so than reversed).

Single women (like single men) don't have as much time to cook because they have to balance everything in their lives, like a job. In the old days when women didn't work as much and got married earlier (to ensure they wouldn't have to work as much), they had more time to cook.

But also, most chefs in the world are men...and that hasn't changed over time. So I don't think there was ever a perception in society that women are better at cooking than men. The whole stereotype about women cooking came about because women had more time to cook, and now that this is no longer true, I think you'll find that both sexes like or dislike cooking equally.

Generally, guys try to impress women with skills in the kitchen for the same reason guys try to do anything to impress a woman. The woman, on the other hand, doesn't really have to go out of her way to impress a man she's trying to date except by being good company...that hasn't changed either.

Not every man cooks, but those who don't will do something else to try to impress women.

• This is such an interesting topic because here in europe, cooking is a big thing that is led by some of the best chefs in the world and nearly all are men. We see more male chefs on the TV cooking for celebrities and other people. I personally think men have accepted that being a chef and preparing food is no longer a girly thing, no longer the job of the woman and many men get in the kitchen now and "have a go" at cooking because if these chefs can cook? why can't us regular men? I for one am a great example of this, I would rather get in the kitchen and cook a fantastic meal for my women, because it is such a pleaser and it's interesting playing around with all those ingriedients and coming up with your own 'special' recipe or meal.

• Gender roles aren't changing, they're disappearing. We're coming closer to becoming one big unisex society where the only thing distinguishing one gender from the other is their reproductive organs. Depending on how you look at it, you can see it as a good thing or a bad thing. I see it as a good thing because it's pushing more toward true equality.

• I don't trust anyone else's cooking to meet the nutritional requirements I have set for myself, so I will gladly cook my own meal at night every night.

me too! lol

• Gender roles aren't quite disappearing either. Women are more obsessed with physically altering themselves to look pretty, and men are more obsessed with "alpha male" characteristics. Society as a whole has become more unisex, but that's only caused people to be more neurotic about gender and go to greater lengths to differentiate what makes them manly or womanly.

• That being said, I wouldn't want my woman to cook for me. I would want to cook for myself. I don't trust anyone else's cooking to meet the nutritional requirements I have set for myself, so I will gladly cook my own meal at night every night.

• Men make the best cooks anyway, most of the top chefs in the world are men.

• I love to cook. I don't think that cooking is a thing of the past for women...maybe just not all women enjoy it as much as I do. I know none of my friends like to cook like I do.

• I don't mind cooking as she takes care of the kids and cleans the house. I think its fair.

• i think that's a pretty good indication right there. now get back in the kitchen where you belong!

• Show Older