What's your opinion on internet dating?

What's your opinion on online dating?

Most Helpful Guy

• Personally, I think online dating as a whole is pretty much crap. Most guys who try online dating are just looking to hook up and don't give two sh*ts about dating, and most girls who try online dating are either there to get attention/ego boost, or are girls whose standards are through the roof (45 BBW looking for young man to come get me, must be 6'2-6'4, ripped, blue eyes, brown, messy hair, and VERY well hung- if you can't handle me at my worst, then you don't deserve me at my best). Basically, online dating boils down to:

-Guy makes profile, sends out messages, most girls ignore them and a couple send back rejections

-If your profile pic is a hot, shirtless guy, then you're likely to have cougars all over you

-Girl makes profile, doesn't send out any messages

-If she's at least passably attractive (we're talking 4/10 or better), she'll get dozens of messages, possibly every day depending on where she lives

-She either isn't even looking for actual dating (just attention), or she'll ignore basically every message because he's a "creeper"

Online dating has the potential to be a great medium, but in practice, it basically just feeds women's egos.

What Guys Said 1

• It doesn't work for most guys. Only girls get responses because girls don't do anything except sign up and sit there. So I say it's garbage.

What Girls Said 5

• I don't see anything wrong with meeting people online to date. In fact, I think it's great that it opens you up to meeting people you might never had otherwise met (i.e. if you're limited to your own social circle---friends, friends of friends, coworkers, etc), plus a lot of people aren't into the whole bar scene for meeting people. Of course, you want to be careful when meeting someone online in person by making sure that they are who they say you are as much as you can before agreeing to meet, and its probably a good idea to meet in a public place, etc.

I wouldn't date someone solely online however (i.e. never meeting in person).

• I don't think there's anything wrong with it

my dad met this woman and started talking everyday with her through the phone and the internet for a year and recently went to Laos to marry her (hes coming back Dec 20th) he seem to love her alot. Also my cousin met his wife online and they dated for 5 years and then got married. it may work for some people but not a lot to others.

• honstly I would never do online dating but a lot of people end up doing it

• Try everything once!

• I wouldn't