Do guys mind dating a girl with a kid?

I'm 21 and would like to start dating again! I just wanted to know if guys (my age) have a problem with this. Don't need rude answers, but I do need honest ones! Yes or No? Why or why not? Thanks!

Most Helpful Guy

• for some reason I landed on this page with a lot of the same question as you've posted lol

let me tell some don't mind at all , for example I'm one, my wife and I have been together now for 40 yrs. she had a 1 year old daughter at the time I met her 6 months latter we were married. had two more daughters . have 5 grandkids 4 boys and and a girl whose the youngest at present.

i think what I put here says it all on your questions. you said you wanted honest answers why or why not ,below is just food for thought take it for what its worth but*ts from my heart.

i know what I'm about to say on this is not popular thought in most girls in your age group (18-24)

the next guy chose from a differenttype guy than what your ex: was.

most likely he was one of the following types of a type.

he was controlling

maybe abusive word or physical

cheated (which also includes lieing(sp))

he was either a jock popular guy / badboy type / a player / or just a plain jerk all share some if not all of the above traits and more (negative type traits that is)

well what type of guy should you choose then?

well I was back in the 1960's girls would discribe me as "that nice sweet guy with the wavy hair"

ya, I was one of those nice guys that got over looked in high school by girls because I had the nice guy qualities. and we all know how girls in the age bracket of (14-24) what they think and feel about nice guys .

LOL ...

but consider this girls/women by the time they reach 25 or older (some maybe younger if smart)

realize that the nice guys weren't such a bad deal all along. most of these guys haven't as a rule changed one iota from when they were in high school.these women 25 and older also state on line and encourage younger women not to make the same mistakes they did and love their geeky nerdy sweet nice shy quiet guys to pieces

yet its also a proven fact that these same guys are better fathers, husbands ,and providers . also 95% of the time they do not cheat on their partners (they maybe at times cheated on but its rare)

you ask for honest answers to your questions , these are I know pretty expliet answers and detailed to a degree. yet I posted my expierence on this and I am a nice guy which wound upo with a wonderful women to boot. is our life a fairy tale ...lol far from it we have our ups and downs in this relationship but we work them out.

hopefully my post has been of some help to you make some wise choices this next time with a guy.

• Wow! Thank you for your answer. It was very helpful and honestly makes me want to give the nice guys a better look!

• do a google on shy guy body language , why shy guys becausr many of those nice guys fall into this area. 70% of the guys as a norm are shy to varying degrees. but MAY never approach the girl if he likes her. read as many as you can from ?(body language and body signals) you may be surprised at the number of cute (maybe not handsom) guys have flirted with you and never noticed.thats because they flirt differently than a more confident guy might. and thanks 4 picking mine

• keep us updated on this and what you find out about nice guys. . good rules to follow below.about selecting guys

1. how does he treat people in general? (well or poorly)

2. how does he treat female classmates or coworkers?(well or poorly)?

3. how does he treat female members of his family?(well or poorly)

4. how did he treat past gf's if known ask them?(well or poorly)

if you get more well's your maybe sitting on a gold mine

poorly's speaks for itself and be the way he'd treat you as well

What Guys Said 2

• I had no problem dating a girl with a kid, I was 18 and she was 20...i was extremly mature for my age and I looked after her kid better than she did loool but before you go down that road you need to be truthful with yourself...Its extremly hard to find a guy in that age bracket that's looking to be a father, and if they are...then odds are they're bums.

Datings shouldn't be too difficult if your more open to looking at older men...i usually wouldn't say this, but sadly its the truth...guys will not mature until they're ready and that's definately after the age of 21, but you need to understand though, that your not dating for yourself anymore, if your looking for a quick fling to release some pent up fustration then by all means do what you must...but if your looking for a relationship then your searching more for your child than yourself...and no man is a great role model at 21.

I wish you the best of luck though, I have no doubt that ull find someone.

• yea, I suggest you hide that kid, kids make the pee pee go flaccid

What Girls Said 2

• Some guys will not want to date you but there are plenty that will have no problem with it. It's like any quality, you will have those that love it and those that avoid it.

Be aware that when you are dating, to keep your child out of it. I do not mean hide the fact you have a child. I mean, don't plan dates that involve hanging out with your child. Your child shouldn't be exposed to meeting every guy you date and a lot of guys are not ready for an instant family. I think it helps a lot when a guy sees you are not expecting him to be financially responsible for your child or you and that you are not auditioning for a replacement father. It doesn't mean that if you end up in a relationship, he wouldn't step up, but that is down the road, not something most guys are ready to think about in the beginning.

• I am 26 and I have a three year old. I have been dating for the past two years since my daughters father and I separated. In the beginning it was difficult because I did not understand that I had to be mom before I was a single woman. I had a guy stop dating me because I wanted to spend more time with him than my baby girl. For the most part they don't mind. If a guy really likes you then he will view your child as an extension of yourself. He will not mind sitting around for an hour or so while you do the bedtime routine. He will understand that you don't have as much time to devote to the dating scene or whatever potential relationship might come your way. ...Then there are the men that are very into you but not into your kid. Just make it clear that your kid comes first. If they don't understand then get rid of him, no matter how good you think he is.

• t ocandyismyname from philr: to a point I agree with you but it also depends on the guy and how he was raised . their are many (such as myself) that at first found it daunting but as we got to know the woman we also got to know the child . some of us nice guys even build emotional bonds with the child/ ern and acept them as part of our lives when we want to be with the woman. and at times will even help with those bed time chores of putting them to bed .