Joining a dating site to help a friend...

would women get mad if their boyfriend joined a dating site to help out a friend?

Like check for women he might like and search profiles to help him find red flags?

For the record my friend knows I'm doing this and so does my girlfriend. Both are cool with it, but I'm just curious what other women would say.

Most Helpful Girl

• Well...

I think I'd be okay with it if I was in on the action too, but it does seem odd that you'd have to join the site to look at profiles. It seems like most of the free ones you can just search without actually having an account, and you could always just work with your friend, too.

What Girls Said 2

• I think it would be better if your guyfriend had a friend who was a girl do this for him.

If my boyfriend were to do it, I would like to be ignorant of it because I trust him not to betray me at the same time, even though I trust him, it would worry me.

• i would think that is some bullsh*t and you really joined to look for another woman. sorry but that doesn't exactly seem plausible to me. why go through all the trouble to make an account for yourself on a dating site which is equivalent to advertising yourself as looking for another woman...when you could just look over your friend's shoulder while he's on his profile and help him that way. lol I would not believe it if my boyfriend tried to give me that line!

• lol it's the same site that I met my fiance' on and my friend lives about 45 minutes away. I have my profile set to private and no information or pictures on it. It's also a free site

What Guys Said 1

• You could just log in on his profile, you know. Save yourself the membership fee and don't have to worry about your girl.