Would you ever date a deaf girl?

I'm actually severely hard-of-hearing..eventually I could lead to being completely deaf. & wondered if that would interfere with me dating wise...

even though I know discrimination still seeks to exist..

give me your brutal honesty.

Most Helpful Guy

What Guys Said 7

• It would depend on what kind of interference it may cause. If it would be something mild, and not causing a comprise with each other. I wouldn't see why not. Hell, I tried to talk to one(online.) But, she denied me because I had a kid(ha..ha..ha.) And due to her previous bullsh*t experience with someone else she tried with, that had a kid.

• I went down to a sign language course registration 2weeks ago but turns out it was going to cost me around 1000 euro?!?!?...is this normal? :(

That being said I would actually love to get to no a pretty deaf girl, that's probably why I went!

Defo not something to be worried about...if you didn't live in california I would probably go out of my way to find you ;)

• wait how much is 1000 euro in American money? (sorry for not knowing)

& thank you!(:

well..the class I'm taking is charging me like $67 for the class & $50 for the book..but it's cheap only because my district/community offers the class (:

• I've never heard of that much money. That's a rip off. Here in Belgium it's 120 euro.

• Don't drag the usual discrimination crap into it.. lol

Everyone discriminates.

However, I don't care about anything, not even bubble gum flavour, you either like someone or you don't.

Although most sheeple follow 'what's hot' so they make all sort of decisions based on what others find one should do, or do not. Since 'a deaf girl' isn't a fashion (yet) I guess there will be people not dating you for that reason.

Just don't let it get to you, those shallow sheeple wouldn't make a good addition anyway. :)

People usually just sucks I'm affraid..

• I tink its 1500 or close to it...isnt that crazy though? I mean what a way to exclude people!

There has to be something I'm missing, I'll have to go have another look

• yeah, that's insane! ...you should definitely double check..it just doesn't seem right..

• I would date a deaf girl. But I don't know sign language so if she's okay with that then, yeah, I'd go for it.

• That wouldn't bother me. That's not a reason to not like someone in my eyes.

• I'd love to! I actually have a real thing for deaf or mute girls.

• may I ask..why?

• well..to me, its already a low self-esteem to be labeled as "disabled"..because it seems like society view those with disabilities as to be degrade by..so I believe, what chance would someone go out with the deaf one when comparing her to ALL the hearing ones that exist? ..im assuming..maybe she felt that way as well..like why me when there's so many other "prettier" "normal" ones?

• Yeah I know. You wouldn't really believe it at first. Plus, low-self esteem is hard enough on 'normal' people never mind 'disabled' people's to add on top. Do disabled people get a lot of dates?

Actually, you know, I tell a lie, I totally forgot. When you asked me if I went out with anyone with the disabilities I listed. My first boyfriend was Autistic. My first girlfriend was anorexic, too, which is a difficult one problem often overlooked as a sin.

What Girls Said 3

• I would date a deaf guy, but I'd be afraid he wouldn't understand me because I can't speak sign language. I guess I could always learn, but you can't learn a language in one day.

• learn it! (: I'm actually signed up & taking a class in january!

• Not gonna lie. It's going to be hard, but once you find that guy, you know for sure that he's the one

• You can't help being deaf. If I met a dude who was deaf and fell in love I would learn sign language. You do anything you can for love.