Texting a potential girlfriend in college?

I have been seeing a girl for a little over a month and a half at college by just texting her on a whim one night to go out to the bars and everything had been going well--we texted all the time and she would stay over with me on occasion, even while sober. I've taken her out on dates multiple times and it really looked like everything was going very well considering I do, in fact, want a girlfriend.

Lately, due to having finals and the fact that she is very involved in school/social obligations, we have not had the chance to talk as much (in terms of depth of conversation) with me getting short answers and having much longer waiting periods between responses. I can count the number of times she has actually initiated a conversation with me as of late on one hand and this is all starting to dig at me a little!

Yes, I do realize that you do need to study while in college, especially during exam time and yes, people have to put their social lives behind them at times in order to succeed other things.

My main concern is that now we are on Christmas break (she lives in another city) and I don't want this trend to continue to a point in which we don't talk due to how things are going as of now. I almost feel like me talking to her is a burden, though she does not respond in a way that shows it really.

How do you think I should approach this situation? I almost always talk to her every day and I honestly don't know what the deal is with her is now.

What Girls Said 1

• Have you talked to her about how you feel? I think that would be the best thing to do - but you need to ring her to talk to her, no texting, as this is really not a true form of communication - there's too much risk of misunderstanding each other and getting the wrong idea.

As t what may be going on with her, only she knows and we can only guess - 9 times out of 10, it is nothing personal - she probably is busy with study and other associated pressures, believe me I can relate! It's a shame you both live in diff cities, but as I said, the best thing to do is call her and be honest.

What Guys Said 0