If your mother is mad at you because you stood up a guy you don't like, should you apologize to him?

I mean, just to please her? The guy is really not nice and often paws me even though I tell him I don't like that when we only dated once...

Most Helpful Guy

• I am not sure about the pawing and all (I know what pawing is...), but I have dealt with the same crap but inversely...

My mother spent a better portion of a year when she figured out I was engaged to my girlfriend from Highschool. My mother did not like her. So much, that my mother attempted to set me up with these women I gave less than a crap about that were members of her church. I stood all of them up. I was supposed to go to some dinner party with one, I called her and told her I had to go to work... I told another one that I was supposed to go see some lame ass movie with, that I had other sh*t to do, that demanded my attention... Worst part was, my mother figured out what was going on and scolded me about standing these women up. I just was not attracted to any of them and they had nothing in common with me.

The way I see it, it is your life and you should choose what you want to do. Is it the right thing? Not to answer a retorical question with another question, Who are you loyal to, yourself or your mother?

THe way I see it, your mother wants you to be with this guy for whatever reason, but are you happy with her choice?

What Guys Said 2

• Knowing the Vietnamese culture, you need to follow her advice, if if you don't regret standing him up. Which is pretty mean actually6 unless he di something really awful!

• paws you?

What Girls Said 1

• Yes, of course you should. There's no excuse for standing him up just because he was a little flirty. Guys are often too flirty.

You can stop seeing him, but to make him wait when you don't show up, that is just mean.

Your mom should spank you!