Is it OK to date an older guy?

I met this guy about 2 months ago. We didn't go on a date until about a month ago and have been seeing each other on a consistent basis since then. I have had a great time so far with him and he is the most like my ideal type of guy in comparison to all the other guys I have dated. I'm really starting to like him. Here's the problem. I am 21 and he is 33. When I initially met him I could have sworn he was only 26 or 27, but he's not. I don't want to over react just yet because it is so soon, but I think its definitely something to consider. It's a 12 year difference and that is a lot when you think about most guys that I date are no more that 3 years older than me. Any advice?

Most Helpful Girl

• That is a huge difference. I actually had to read that sentence twice to make sure that was a 3 and not a 2.

But my take one age differences isn't the number, but the maturity level and where you guys are in your life. I don't know about you, but when I was 21, the last thing I wanted was a serious relationship and marriage and family. I wanted to have fun, travel. And at 33, I would imagine that he's looking more for a wife than for a girlfriend. If those are all things you're OK with, then I don't think age is important at all.

What Guys Said 1

• i guess but he was 12 when you were born think about that.

What Girls Said 2

• I've been there. In my situation though, it was more of the fact that we were so different as to why things didn't work out. At the time I was 18 and he was 29, we couldn't go to the bar, my friends were all still in high school, and his were all in their thirties and it just didn't work out. We could never really just hang out with each other, and we didn't have much in common.

However, if you guys have a genuine connection, it shouldn't be a big deal. You're both adults. I mean it's hard to get over the idea "what would my parents/friends think" but you're capable of making decisions for yourself. Best of luck. :)

• nooo way stop your too young for him