What do you think of girls who initiate text messages?

After the guy asked you out and got your number he messages you. You talk for a bit. You now have his number, what are your feelings on now texting the guy back. Maybe the next day, just to say hi and initiate a conversation.

• Needy, Desperate or Annoying
  • It helps show that she is interested.
  • Initiating text messages is a guys job.
This is a hypothetical question. Make sure to vote in the poll.

Most Helpful Guy

• it be great if they did , honestly with me they do not do this very often if ever it seems

What Girls Said 6

• While girls don't see this in themselves, guys tend to think of it as annoying, especially if it's done frequently, and especially if his friends catch on and start teasing/nagging him.

• Its a tough call but speaking from my own experiences, I generally don't initiate texting a guy because I've had friends that do so and the guys think that she is desperate or clingy. This makes me wait for the guy to text me first, which is funny because I'm actually waiting on this guy I went on a date with to message me atm and don't know if he hasn't text me because he isn't interested or simply is waiting for me to text him!

• if I'm confident about the guy I'd usually text the guy first to hint that I'm interested. but there are times when I do not "get the vibe" from the guy (but 2 years later he tells me he likes/liked me), so I will most prob not text him first.

• Well I would want to be in a better relationship for me to say hi. This has happened and usually we talk for days, like I ask a question at night then it gets answered in the morning.

• I'm afraid that I come off as clingy or annoying... so unless I know for sure that the guy is into me, I avoid texting first.

• take the chance! there are tons of guys out there and you just wait 4 them to come to u...silly...be confident and act on it! sound sincere and cute,dont act too desperate,choose your words right.

What Guys Said 1

• They should do it more often!