Why wouldn't she text me?

I met this girl at school and I like her quite a bit. We talk a lot when we see each other, she seems to laugh at almost everything I say, even if it isn't that funny, she ask me questions about myself and we share a lot of similar interests. I asked her for her number and she gave it to me but: She never texts me first, I always have to initiate the conversation, but I have no problem with that. What bugs me is that when we text she seems like she is not really into the conversation, she always replies but I get this vibe like maybe she doesn't want to talk to me and answers out of politeness but when we see each other is like nothing happened and we just talk like normal and she always starts a conversation or tries to make small talk. Some people would say that I need to stop texting and just call her but I don't want to seem pushy, that's not me at all, I do like her but I would never want to reach that level of "annoyance". What's the verdict here? Should I just stop texting and forget about it? Or could she just not like texting?

Most Helpful Girl

• I agree with the girl below. Give her a call. Most girls I know loveeee when they get a call from a guy they like. I'm not a big txter and I even find myself giving one word answers sometimes. I try to correct myself but sometimes it's just better to call the person. Much easier in my opinion. She could be busy as well. There's tons of reasons as to why shy may seem distant.

• So in your case, giving one or two word answers isn't a sign of disinterest? Everytime I get those I get this feeling that maybe I should stop and of course calling her doesn't even cross my mind . Most people I text are very chatty so she kinda throws me off haha. I do get a lot of smiley faces with the one word answers, I don't know how to dechyper those either lol I don't know if I should take them as "fake" smileys or "real" smileys but seriously who goes around faking smilies? lol

• I know, it is quite vexing. In person is great, she laughs and tells me how she likes my lame jokes and stuff and we could have a fun conversation that day but after school I would text her and get one word answers, it drives me nuts lol.

• That comment made the question much more clear to me actually haha. Deff keep talking it sounds like you have nothing to worry about lol. Just poor txting communication :P

What Girls Said 6

• She probably not like that. She might like it better when talking on the phone or t asking in real life. To me its easy to have a conversation with text with certain people. And others it a hey what you doing and oh, and wow. In these people be my best friends.

I wouldn't stop texting her I would just text her every other day, and make sure you have something to talk about.

and she could not like texting or she just seems like that because it is texting, and to me its hard to tell if someone is enjoying it or hating it.

• Maybe she isn't a big texter just call her why would that seem like your being pushy? What happened to when people actually called ppl? Since she talks to you in class she likes you so just call hahaha

• She must really like you, but she mustn't like texting for some reason. Maybe she doesn't know what to say in "text". She loves talking to you in person.

• Speaking as a girl, I always prefer the guy to text me first. It sounds like she does like you but is playing it "cool" in her texts. It gets the guy to chase her! I think you should carry on texting her but reduce it a bit, it will make her realize and maybe even text you first! I woulnt give up on it just yet!

• Maybe she doesn't like to text much...you should give her a call:))

• Some people just don't like texting... I thought the same thing with this guy I would text and he would do the same thing. it turned out he liked me! so it may e the same case with you.

What Guys Said 0