Do men feel guilt or remorse after cheating?

My boyfriend cheated on me with his ex. He gave me a stiff apology & broke up with me. I asked him how it happened but he said it doesn't matter anymore. He said that his feelings for me has not changed, that parting with me was one of the loneliest times of his life & yet he chose to go back to his ex wife for the sake of their grown up kids. What is that?

Most Helpful Guy

• I know you want closure or for him to feel some sort of guilt. But most times, they do not. Maybe he does feel guilt, since he gave an apology, but it doesn't change what he did. Please move on. He isn't worth the scrutinizing.

• that is exactly how I feel, ripping myself apart scrutinizing & sometimes my head aches already... I must make an effort to move on

• thank you for the advice... I love him with all my heart & mind but you are right about letting him go

What Guys Said 2

• Its hard to say, I know that ain't good advice but you aught to find somebody better, just life shapes itself in strange ways, you should always know that. he's a d*** for doing thatt bs to u. I would feel severe remorse, and he should have felt even more

• it is good to know that you think he is a d*** thank you for that

• depends if you guys connected on an emotional level..if it was stictly physical then he feels nothing no remorse. and uhh do you no long him and his ex wife have been divorced XD

• when we met he was divorced from his ex for 2 years, they divorced because she cheated on him. We were together for two years but they see each other because of the kids... sometimes I wonder why? After what she did to him? I know their daughters want them to get back together...

What Girls Said 2

• My ex did the same thing to me. He showed absolutely no remorse for what he did, even though we dated a year.

• that is what pains me... I feel now that he just used me to rebound...

• Mecca ...I understand how you feel. I just broke up w/a guy I went out w/for 2 years & think that, even though his relationship w/his ex was over FOUR years ago, I may STILL have been a rebound. Heartbroken beyond belief, I found emails between the 2 of them from only a FEW months b4 we met (when she was going out w/someone else AND is now engaged to that guy) saying SHE was his "true" love. She cheated on him & yet he still wanted HER. Not ME who did everything 4 him. Why? And where is the karma?

• I'm sure some don't. But betrayal should trigger guilt in any normal person.