Deciphering skills needed......again?

Don’t ask me how I remembered our conversation but, oh did I. I know this is just text to all that is reading this and you cannot sense his tone but I need your help. I am at a stand still. I have only known this guy a month and he is asking me to wait. Really, he is asking me to wait and see if this other girl will work out or not. Should I believe him? Should I let go? Is he even telling the truth or did he just reject me? What would you do in my situation? Signed: confused-frustrated-lonely girl.

GUY: Basically the only thing that could have gotten in our way – has. This is so hard please believe that. Someone I have a lengthy past with has surfaced. I’m sorry.

ME: No worries, I am use to this.

GUY: In my dreams you’d give me time to figure this out. My heart is literally aching right now. I respect you too much to play you. No way I would do that.

ME: Well to be honest you have me in tears. I will give an easy out if you want it.

GUY: No. No. No. I’ve never felt like such shit. I am at a loss. You have to understand these are extraordinary circumstances. I go back to grade school with her. I am totally confused.

ME: Shit this is hard to say – you should see what happens with her or else you will always wonder.

GUY: Please give me some time. Please please please. Part of me did not want to tell you but my conscience knew you deserve the truth. I need a little time please.

ME: All I can think to say is – you promised.

GUY: As bad as this is, it would have been way worse stringing you along getting deeper and then dropping a bomb. Distorted as it seems I am trying to not hurt you.

ME: Look the deal is I just met you and you have known her since childhood. See where she takes you. She might be your other half. I am here for you if you need me but I cannot promise I will wait.

Most Helpful Guy

• Pray about it and, whatever gives you peace, in your soul, is what you should do, no matter how ridiculous it may seem.

What Guys Said 4

• Let him go because assuming that he chooses you, and she reappears 1 year later----what is he going to do then? You've only known him a month. Is not like you've known him one year. This is an easy move on case. Unless you're very desperate, of course.

• u did the right thing, he is obviously not playing u. if he wazs he won't of told you any of that. now how long you wait is up to u. and ofcorse that also depends on how often yall talk. but make sure that as you wait, ur still looking, just in case if things work out between them then ur not really just sitting there alone with noone to love.

• if you believe that he gonna move on the other girl I'll tell you to wait for him but if theirs one chance that they can be together don't wait and waste you're time and move on .

its not the end of the world for you and theirs a lot of guys who's out there .

• don't waste your time waiting. because there's a chance you'll be waiting for a pretty long time. find someone else who won't just throw you aside because a little feeling inside him. you deserve better.

What Girls Said 2

• Honestly just move on as he is just gonna cause you more hurt in the long run. The good thing about this guy is he did come clean and tell you but he is still playing ya and he is just thinking I will tell her and she will understand and wait. Don't give him time just move on honestly way better guys out there with no baggage that want you and only you

• Let it go.he still has feelings for this other girl as he does want to see if it'll work out with her and you're pretty much the back up for if it doesn't happen. Plenty of fish in the sea.don't wait around for him, when someone out there is ready to snatch you up and wouldn't make you wait around.