Do you think its bad to meet someone online?

i met my boyfriend online and he's great and I haven't met him yet so obviously its normal to still have doubts but should I feel embarrassed about it when I tell people

i have seen him on skype and every possible way of communication and he is driving 15 hours to come and see me and meet my family we both put a lot of effort into this and for a long time I ddint take it seriously but he's really growing on me
i will be meeting him for the first time in 6 days and we will spend like two weeks together and the fact he is making that trip means a lot does that make it any more legit

Most Helpful Girl

• If you haven't even met him yet, I wouldn't call him your "boyfriend." Until you meet someone, talk to them, are able to look into their eyes, touch them, smell them, etc. you can't possibly know without a doubt that you're attracted to them and that you share a real, legitimate connection.

I believe that online dating works. But it can't stay online or alive through cell phones, email, etc. You have to actually BE together. The stigma attached to online dating is pretty much gone. Busy career-driven singles, divorcees, etc. are all seeking love online in today's busy society.

• i will be meeting him in 6 days when he drives like 16 hours and he will be meeting my family to does that mean anything more legit

• Yes, it does. Have fun and be safe. :)

What Guys Said 1

• You probably should yes. Most people are judgmental and nasty, so it's best to keep yourself closed off, save for those select few ;)

What Girls Said 3

• I think it's perfectly fine to meet someone that you like online. Make sure that when you meet him, you're not alone. Just to be extra safe. (:

• There's no reason to be embarrassed to say you met your boyfriend online, or in a long distance relationship. I met my current boyfriend, of 2 years, online on a game called Ultima Online. I have no issues to say I'm dating him due to the internet. (We have seen each other in person)

• it's not bad. it's almost 2011, online dating is perfectly normal and acceptable. it's just another way to meet people.