He won't answer calls...

When a guy acts really sweet to a girl in person but doesn't answer phone calls or text messages...what does it mean?

Most Helpful Guy

• He's probably nervous or does not know what to say. If you have his address you could aways go to see him in person.

Plus there is a school of thought that says a man should try to not act too interested. That while women say they want a ton of attention...that when it comes down to it... men who they have to work to get the attention of... get more action. You would see this written of online as the "bad boy" vs "nice guy" debate.

• what do you mean guys should act too interested? how would you know if he's following this "rule" or just isn't interested? and do the majority of guys follow this? thanks :)

• I kinda get this. I think he's been hurt before and it was fairly recent. Also, he's incredibly nice and sweet in my face...just bad about the phone thing. That was more my question...wouldn't a guy avoid me if he wasn't interested?

What Guys Said 2

• it means he is not worth your time. Phone calls, OK that's understandable, but no replies to texts? that's a pretty easy one to respond to

• not interested, or extremely shy, probably the first one tho

• Well, we've discussed the "I like him" issue and how he feels about me. And since then, his response to me is stronger in person than before. So if he weren't interested, I don't think he would be as sweet...

• oh okay, he's probably just one of those guys that feels really awkward on the phone...im guessing he's shy?

What Girls Said 3

• Calls usually is nervousness

Texts is a hard one to explain it depends. are you trying to start a conversation by texting?

• I do try to start a conversation sometimes by text.

• I would say something about it in person next time he's being sweet and see his initial reaction

something joking but serious like "haha I tried calling you the other day for this but you never answer!" somewhere when it fits in the conversation

• perhaps, he's with "someone"

• It means he's an idiot...he should answer your calls...unless he's playing games...and in that case...do you really want someone like that?