What do you guys think of dating sites?

lots of people seem to be on dating sites these days(I m on some site as well.).what do you think of dating sites?anyone out there who actually takes it seriously?which site is your favorite?

Most Helpful Guy

• I did the match.com 6 month guarantee. I only had two people contact me, and both you could tell were, as one member put it, shotgun messages. Both women seemed desperate. Most never responded, which if you think about it, is pretty insulting. I had one who seemed nice, but there wasn't anything there. Here's the kicker though. In the last 17 days of the guarantee, they just randomly decided that I "did not have my picture being shown 100% of the time" (a requirement for your free 6 months). Thing is, I hadn't logged on for 10 days, how is it that during the 10 days I wasn't signed on, my picture got taken down and put back up? I called bs, discontinued the service, and would never recommend it.

Plentyoffish.com wasn't bad. Free, which is good. I had more responses, half a dozen to a dozen via IM. Only 1 email though. Still got straight up ignored often.

What I found was that internet dating just isn't for me. Personality just can't shine through a computer screen, even talking on IM one or two times. I'll stick to real life, I seem to have much more success their dating wise anyway.

What Guys Said 8

• Dating sites are a lot like...going to Blockbuster and renting a movie you've never heard of before. You read the jacket and make a decision based on what you read. Then you take it home and realize the story on the jacket is nothing like the movie you are watching. The friggen picture's aren't even the same...then you realize you just wasted your time and money because of false advertising.

• Once in a while a couple fo friends and I will go on there and make up a profile of a woman to look for..like, say, a 6 foot blond from Paris...and see if we can connect and chat with such a woman. We tell a boatload of lies about ourselves, just for fun. Once in a while we get a woman to show up for a 'date' but we just watch her come and fidget and wait for 'Stefano' or whoever we made up.

• Dating sites are REALLY good for women... Basically useless for guys.

There is like a 1000 to 1 ratio on there. Girls get hundreds of messages a day and have their pick of who they would like to date. The guys get no messages and have to use the shot gun approach (sending out hundreds of messages) and hope they even get one response back.

So as a girl, you should try it. You'll probably find a guy pretty quickly.

• Forgot to add... I've been on 3 different sites and never gotten a response from anybody.

• some insight here.lol.but some guys do have their way

• >Dating sites are REALLY good for women... Basically useless for guys

same for going to a club, what's new!, lol

• i think it makes more sense to just meet people through it. I havnt tried it yet, but the coolest girls on those sites usually arnt the type of girls I want to hook up with. but I wouldn't mind being friends.

• My uncle met his wife on match.com and they have been happily married for 5 years now. So yes I think they work!

• I think bkissed.com is really good to be honest. They are a new site, with tons of features, totally free! I was amazed, they have only real people, no fake accounts and no spam. Some of the features include video/audio chat, blogs, forums, videos, and some dating advice collections for men and women. Definitely worth a look imo. Good luck!

• plentyoffish - can be some timewasters on there at times and some features are cut back now last time I checked and the forums vanished :(

craigslist - you have to dig a bit and tends to have a lot of ad spam

also

flirtnmeet.com - free but there is some restrictions last time I used it.

upfordating.com - completely free including chat and good moderation on it.

freedating4u.com - also completely free with a more friendly casual approach

James

• Dating sites are garbage. You have to be a hot guy or a girl.

What Girls Said 5

• I met my boyfriend on POF.com. I think that as long as you keep it real, it's a great way to meet like-minded people!

• Magical [=

• Be careful, you never know when this might happen link

• if you are super lonely and it's hard for you to make friends, then I think it's OK to do a dating site. I did craigslist and talked to about 200 guys, then I lowered it down to about 10 then just 2. They were real people. 1 guy never did it ever, he was just bored and my ad really caught his eyes as real and true ad. The other guy was from out of state like me, and it was hard for him to find friends around his age to do stuff with because he worked at upper management for a large warehousing corporation with mostly guys in their 40s and he was in his 20s so he liked hanging out with me. One of the guys and I did sleep together (he slept over at my house but no sex) and it didn't work out between us because he treated me like a kid. the other guy and I had numerous outdoor adventures but it there was no chemistry so I stopped going out with him. When I got married a few months later to someone I knew from my childhood, he moved out of state to a new state. oh wells... but that was my online dating experience. I think you should be careful with it. My friends warned me that some of those ads could be fake. Just be careful. I didn't do it until I was 23. I do not recommend it to little kids ages 16 under etc to do online dating... you could meet creeps and not know how to filter them out.

• yeah .some people with fake profiles...some indian and middle-eastern guys,some from africa.

• I admit that I have used dating sites in the past. At first I was embarrassed to admit it, but you know what? It's nothing to be embarrassed about because of school and internships, I don't have the time to go out there and meet new people. I rarely have time as it is for my own friends. So, I tried dating sites, I tried pof and eharmony when it was free. And surprisingly, I met a few really nice guys on there. Nothing happened with any of them, but while prefect on paper, there wasn't a connection in real life. But I'm still good friends with 2 of them. We talk regularly. So just for those friendships, I say it was worth it.