After a first date should the guy call first or the girl?

After a first date and everything goes good should the guy call first no matter how long he takes? when would be a good time to call again? in a week or longer?

Most Helpful Girl

• I actually read a book about dating and it has some great tips and advice on what to do on a first date, what to expect and so on; the book is called " How to date men" by Janis Spindel, by the way! So, what I read from here was that usually after the first date guys, just like girls, don't want to seem desperate so they take a day or two to call you back! Or you can do the same, wait two or three days to call him. However, if it has been more than a week and he hasn't called back then that tells you that is time to move on... Hope this helps! The book is actually pretty good, I recommended!

• tisk, I call or text the next day and its never a problem, and some girls will text me the next day and I just feel flattered I don't think she is being desperate at all.

What Guys Said 3

• Guys are expected to call first per societal norm so if they don't call its because they are not interested or they just don't understand common dating etiquette. Girls aren't expected to call first, so if the guy doesn't understand he should call you even if he likes you, you would most likely not call yourself even if you did like him, and the lack of communication would ruin everything. Despite societal norm, which is, guy calls first after first date and girls are expected to wait by the phone, MOST guys would appreciate the first call from a girl and feel flattered even though it might be a little unpredictable and throw them off a little. I've had girls text me after the first date, after an hour or the next day telling me "I had a great time, hope to see you again" or something similar to that and I always felt appreciated and would text back too. So if you feel you must contact the guy after the first date yourself, then send a text instead of a phone call. But you should wait, that's my recommendation because the guy should have the intuition to call or text you himself telling you something like this "hey I hope you had a great time, I had a really great time and you are a really fun girl, let's meet up sometime next week."

• I think the guy should call after about a week or so!

• It doesn't matter and it doesn't matter. Do it when you want.

What Girls Said 0