Is age really only a number?

So just recently I started dating this boy but he lied about his age at first because I am older than him by 4 years. Should I let his age get in the way of things... like I can't help but to think that he's too young for me. What do people think about older girls dating younger guys? He sounds & acts so mature sometimes that I forget his real age but I still can't help but have that in the back of my head. I fear he takes things as a joke.. like he truly doesn't love me like he says he does? Should I call it quits? HELP!

Most Helpful Girl

• I think it depends on how old the two of you are. 4 years may not be much to a 22 and 26 year old, but its huge with a 16 and 20 year old.

With the younger person being 16 (or any other age around there) they are still developing and finding out who they are and learning responsibility. When you are a teenager, there are huge age gaps in the span of 2 years where the person can completely change. They don't know what they want yet.

Whereas when your older, the span of 4 years isn't that much developmentally. I am dating somebody 6 years older than I am. But we are at a time in our lives that is very similar. We are both getting into our careers and have our own places, jobs, and lives. We want the same things and we are working to get there.

It can work. But you have to take into account the life stage you are at, and where he's at because chances are, in two years you could be completely different people.

What Guys Said 1

• Age doesn't matter. List all the things that make you happy, and if he can fulfill 50-60% of that list than he's doing okay for a young guy. If not, than you have to decide if you will settle for less, or go out there and find a guy who can do more.

:)

What Girls Said 1

• are you 17?...so your dating a 13 year old boy?