Girls: What is your opinion of weed?

What is your opinion of guys who smoke weed?

Every once in a while?

All the time?

Have you ever tried it?

How much will your opinion of a guy who smokes weed change how you think of him?

My story: I love to smoke weed. It makes me happy, it makes me relaxing. If I'm with a girl who doesn't like it, I won't do it. Won't even mention it. But I guess I have developed a reputation of being a 'pot head', and I feel like this ruins my chances sometimes.

Most Helpful Girl

• My opinion in general is that if you can't handle your substances, then that's probably a good indicator that you shouldn't be doing them. For example, your stereotypical stoner who leeches off their parents, doesn't work or TRY to work or take care of any obligations, gets so lazy while stoned that literally nothing ever gets done, does pretty much nothing BUT smoke, doesn't know how to talk about anything unrelated to weed, constantly comes off as slow and dopey, irresponsible and probably not the most intelligent person you've ever met.

I don't care how often a person smokes, or really whether they smoke at all. I smoke pretty often too. Hell, I'm smoking right now. But I also don't let it get in the way of my responsibilities. I've never been late or short on a bill payment from stupid crap like overspending on weed. The stoner company that I prefer to keep tend to be of the same ilk I am, so that would go double for a potential relationship. I don't think I could be serious with someone who can't keep a handle on their vices, especially when the vice is one that has zero physically addictive qualities. It comes down to a matter of willpower. If the weed rules you, then you don't control the weed, and I'm not okay with that.

Sure I've tried it, many thousands of times, since I was 15.

Assuming he keeps on top of it, whether a person does or doesn't smoke pot is irrelevant to my opinion of them., unless it becomes relevant at some point.

What Girls Said 38

• I've smoked weed before.

Eh - not necessarily a fan, but whatever, don't mind it.

As far as I'm concerned, with guys, I don't care that much, the circles I tend to hang in, the likelihood is that you smoke weed, or if you don't smoke it - you have at some point tried it.

It's only ever been a turn off for me, if I think a guy is more interested in getting high than he is with spending time with me.

But I have a lot of friends, who don't really hang in some of the same circles as I do - for whom doing weed would be a definite no no.

So I guess it depends on the kind of girl you're looking for.

Some will think you're 'uber cool' and 'awesome' for doing it.

Some won't care either way.

And some will think you're a complete idiot.

Different folk, different strokes, that's pretty much what it all boils down to.

• Different fols, different strokes, nice answer.

I would rather spend time with my girlfriend of course, but I think the problem is girls opinions before a relationship - or before they even talk to me, rather then while we are dating.

• i think smoking is fine. but I would definitely say in moderation. I don't mind getting high with my guy every once in a while but when it becomes a lifestyle I am turned off by it.

its kinda the same deal with alcohol...you would like someone who can drink with you and have a good time but do you really want somebody who wakes up in the morning and has to have a beer or a shot to start off their day?

i wouldn't go down that whole pothead path it really never does anybody any good. all of my guy friends in college were potheads and they couldn't pick up a girl even on their best night because they were so stoned out of their mind all of the time they couldn't think straight long enough to say anything intelligent.

• I used to not care until I dated a couple pot heads and had the worst couple of expiriences every time, now I kinda stick most guys that smoke more than occasionally into that no dating category because I never wanted to be serious with a smoker...lol sorry if that's shallow or messed up or whatever, but I'm in a serious relationship now and my boyfriend likes smoking occasionally but doesn't because it makes me uncomfortable. I have never tried it b4 so a part of me wants to just try it with him and see what's so great but the other part says NOOO lol I'm scared I might end up messing up what I have going for me atm. (im in college and need straight A's in order to transfer to the school I want)

• It's NOT shallow! I'm a smoker, & I've met people who smoke that I can't stand being around as FRIENDS because they could give a flip less about ANYTHING but their BUZZ! I'm willing to bet that if you see the potheads that treated you that way in the future, they'll have graduated to coke or something heavier...

• Thank you :) that makes me feel better

• Here's my thoughts. People who smoke weed too much tend to become a bit slow if you know what I mean. As long as he puts his girl before his weed and snacks then that's good. Some people who smoke only care about that and forget about personal hygiene.. Ew. As long as the individual who smokes has high goals in life and is a good person, I'm okay with it. I smoke myself but I don't let weed become my life like some people. People who have never at least tried it can't judge those who do and act like they're low life compared to themselves. Not all weed smokers are the same.

• I don't like weed smokers.

Even once in a while.

I never tried it.

It's a deal breaker for me for one it's illegal and I don't want to be around any type of activity that can land me with any legal problems because of my future career. I can smoke it legally but I choose not to and I certainly don't want anyone that chooses it and it's illegal for them.

• party pooper.

• Not at all. How are people going to get mad because I'm not a druggie?

Lol I think weed induces stupidity.

• Honestly I smoke weed a ton, and I'm always on the prowl for attractive guys that smoke as well. Funny thing is they always seem to go after stupid girls... not the chick stoners. :P

Pretty much... in my opinion, there is nothing hotter than seeing a guy smoke. I'm not even kidding, extremely sexy. Any guy who smokes has so much more of getting lucky with me. :P

• What is your opinion of guys who smoke weed?

I base my opinions more on the individuals behavior,character,personality and actions(which smoking weed is).Go ahead,I won't stop them or anyone else.There's also something else I want to say,but I'll just come off as ignorant.Most of the people I know who do pot have no ambitions,lazy,bad grades consistently,street smarts but no book smarts,thuggish or cholo like.I mean,this is what I know,from,people I hang out with who do it,I go to school with potheads,this is what I see,this is what I know.Those aren't exactly people I wanna hang around,but if I befriend someone who does it,I won't...unfriend them?

All the time?

We can be friends,nothing more.I'm not going to be involved with someone who is addicted physically or mentally or psychologically, to anything,whether that be food,drugs,smoking,power,nothing.Sorry,life is too short to deal with drama or to be put on the back burner over some weed.

Have you ever tried it?

No.I'm not opposed to trying it,but it isn't a necessity in my life.I don't think I would though,I'm very health cautious and um,I'm very picky about skincare and hair care.Most of the people I know who smoke weed have bad skin and the second they stop doing it,their skin clears up big time.After 6 mos on Accutane,acne is not something I'll risk again.

Depends.I mean,I won't lose respect for them,although logically,I should by societys standards.I mean,people lose respect for those who do cocaine(from a plant too,sucky argument) and heroin,so why not?But I don't.Other factors play into my perception of him.Is he a jackass?Is he lazy?Is he going to be a bum?Is he funny?I mean,other things count.

• I have high ambitions - I wanna become an english teacher in germany, I'm in english honors, and in german 3, and plan on taking both in college.

I have both street smarts and both smarts - both are highly valuable.

I wear hollister, nothing thuggish etc

I think you might be stereotyping a little bit - or maybe this is what you've encountered, nothing else.

Also I'm not addicted, nor is anyone else, it's more of a hobby/habit.

Also I push out all drma - I completely ignore it, I HATE drama

• lol you're a smart girl but you definitely are connecting unrelated things. bad grades and being lazy? street smarts but no book smarts? I definitely would not say those things are correlated, just coincidental. you would be surprised just WHO smokes, doctors, lawyers, scientists, etc etc. and the bad skin thing? DEFINITELY not related in the least! but aside from that...good answer :)

• No,it is related.They even tell me.They tell me I can tell when they stop because their skin gets clear,everybody's body reacts differently.

And no,these are characteristics that the people who I know smoke have.So don't tell me what I do and don't know.

• I always thought guys who smoked weed did it because they want to forget problems in their life...

I have had no experience with it... but I know people who are on it and theyre minds are noticably changed

Clearly I can't judge people who smoke it having never tried it, so I think that given the opportunity, I would smoke it...I just wouldn't want to get addicted

it doesn't bother me if someone smokes sometimes but when it dominates their entire life then I start to worry

• Well, I wouldn't date or even be friends with a guy that smoked weed. I've never tried it, but I think its not worth it. You can do some many other things to be happy, so everybody that says that is coming up with an excuse. No offense to you, its your choice but that's my take on it. But I do think its respectful that you don't do it around her, but not telling her isn't any better. You should be honest about it right up front. And being a pothead does ruin your chances, but its what you have chosen either accept it or change it.

• I do not like guys who smoke weed or do any other drugs. I have less trust in a person who does drugs or alcohol due to previous experiences with friends who have done them. You could try giving it up and find something else that could help you relax more.

• They become selfish, hungry and want sex (and for you to do all the work). Basicly it brings out their hedonistic dionosyan side with no consequence generaly with no consequence. They also become even more emotionaly detached and care only for the self.

This happends to everyone when they're high. Ofcourse it also depends on what king of weed you just smoked.

I don't mind if a guy smokes occasionaly. I just don't like addictive personalities, I find them weak.

• I have to admit I've been into a guy recently and get the impression he smokes quite a bit...& he lost a little bit of his intrigue. It's not weed itself that has me bothered...i suppose it's my past experiences with "potheads" that has me a little scared. I know that seems completely unfair, but sometimes people can't help but pull from their past experiences, you know? I don't intend on writing him off or anything, but I do have my guard up a bit...so far he's been completely respectful and never done it around me, so I'm still into him! In my past, one of my best friends turned into someone that was high 24/7 and no longer cared about having a sober conversation with me. It sucked!

I would say once in a while is fine, but all the time is annoying if the person is someone that doesn't smoke...there's always exceptions though! I have tried weed but it's not something I do regularly. For me personally, a guy that smokes does change the way I think of him...but usually more so in the beginning. If he is consistently responsible and respectful about it then I have no prob. with it. I would say if you really like someone who you think is bothered by your "reputation" then definitelly show her you do more than just smoke; and it things go well ease into a convo about it. And respect goes so far...so it's good you are respectful, I think that counts for a lot.

• -What is your opinion of guys who smoke weed?

That's their choice I don't mind it.

-Every once in a while?

Perfect.

-All the time?

That's a tad overboard. It's a party drug and it loses it's fun and specialness if you do it every day.

-Have you ever tried it?

Yes.

-How much will your opinion of a guy who smokes weed change how you think of him?

Well if they don't do it and we're dating, it would make me feel like there's pressure on me to not do it or makes me feel like I'm being judged.

• I smoke just about daily, weed keeps me sane (i'm bi polar with anger management issues and social phobias) so I smoke a bowl when I have to go pay my bills or go shopping so that I don't have a panic attack and drop like a dead deer. I know people who smoke just to smoke and I know people who smoke for fun. A burn out who has a couch growing out of their butt is a turn off, a person who enjoys smoking at times but is an upstanding person is totally cool. I'd rather date someone that smokes even a little than not at all, but if they don't that's fine as long as they don't judge me for doing it. A person who just smokes and that's all they live for, no thank you. Now sadly people hear you smoke and they just assume you're a burn out, if you're not the steriotype then I see nothing wrong with it, and those who just see you as nothing more than a pot head are close minded and can't see the forest through the trees or the buds through the smoke if you will lol that was bad sorry :P

• i don't mind guys who smoke weed. in fact, I've smoke before and would do it from time to time. as long as my boyfriend didn't take it over board with being high all the time. my opinion doesn't change of a guy who smokes weed, it doesn't bother me a bit. if that's how they like to relax, then I'd join them every once in a while. if my boyfriend was letting weed take over his life, like I've seen happen to some of my friends, then it would become a problem.

• I would date someone just for fun that occasionally smokes weed, but I would never get into a serious relationship/marry someone that smoked.

• I like weed. I smoke it every once in a while and I don't give a damn what anyone thinks. To me, it's better than alcohol...10X better.

That said, I don't mind if a guy is a "pot head" as long as it doesn't interfere with his life and he doesn't DEPEND on it for anything. Such as feeling relaxed in your case? If you can't feel relaxed without it, then you need to quit it.

If he smokes weed, it doesn't necessarily change my opinion of him, just makes me a little wary of considering him as a partner because he may have a bad side. But if I get to know him and he doesn't, then it's all good. :)

• 1. Find guys who don't smoke more of a turn on.

2. Never smoked never will.

3. Guys who smoke tend to be bigger duchebags than those who don't

Opinions based on experience

• I don't mind when my man smokes weed occasionally, my man smokes but also has a great job and is very good to me, so who am I to object?

Plus...a little bit of weed for me..just a few puffs..and I get insanely horny...and needless to say, we're both very happy with the consequences in that situation...so, again, who am I to object? lol

• people need to educate themselves on what effects marijuana has on their body. naive people think that its just a harmless drug but if you smoke it in your adolscence then your chances of getting schizophrenia before the age of 25 is at 98%. I wouldn't hang around with a person who smoke weed or did any other kind of drug except socailly drinking.

• i don't like it when a guy smokes weed. most of the guys that I know that do don't have any sort of moral or plan etc, its just plain unnatractive

• i find the feeling in the rooms more relaxed when they do it and I kinda like when they do it it doesn't matter to me just asloong as they don't do it every few seconds and yea I tryed it it iis verrry chill

• It's dumb, sorry but do something better with your time.

• It destroys people's lives & I wouldn't date someone who used it.

• It doesn't destroy peoples lives, people destroy their own lives, mannn.

• My grandfather was a pilot in the airforce, flew an F150 raptor. He got completely baked before every mission. He was in the AF for 18 years. Baked during every single mission. Did he survive? Yep. Complete control. Don't think just because it's a " drug " that it destroys lives. Weed has given me the motivation to relax and solve problems using my brain first, I used to get pissed off and handle things physically. There's a reason it's been prescribed medically, it helps people lives.

• Watch your sister get beat by her husband because he got higher than a kite, and then tell me drugs are okay. I have reasons I am against drugs, & no one is going to change that. I've watched a lot of people get ruined by them, & just because someone survived doesn't mean they are suddenly okay.

• umm smoking weed is your choice and if its what makes you happy your girl should accept it...because when you really like someone you put your dislikes aside just like you put something that you like aside for her get it...:)

• i used to smoke a lot now I hardly ever do and it doesn't bother me in the least if other people do

• I think it's really hot, but it's a real turn off if you chew..

• smoking/dipping/chewing is disgusting, smoking weed is the only thing I do

• I personally believe that guys who smoke weed do it because friends do it, so why not?, they are inmature, they think that they can get away of problems with it or just relax an hour, if they smoke every once in a while it bothers me, if they smoke all the time they really disgust me and I will try no to be around them, I have never tried it because I know it´s not good for anybody and I have a breathing disease and smoking weed would make it worse, don´t you think? lol...

For me it´s a huge turn off, coz, well you know you might think OK but weed isn´t as bad as smoking, but from somewhere you have to start and maybe sometime after you won´t want more weed but you´ll want marijuana.. who knows? you should make up your mind and evaluate the good stuff and the bad of it.. there are many studies that can help you make a list ;)

• i used to smoke weed everyday, I got over it though and moved on, I don't think its unattractive but if its your number one priority its annoying and I wouldn't date anyone like that

• All the time is a complete turn off. It's annoying to be with someone that is all slow and out of it. Sometimes is okay. My boyfriend used to smoke every once in a while and now its pretty much everyday and its a turn off. He says he doesn't "need" it but that's what it seems like to me.

• More from Girls
    8

What Guys Said 7

• I think anyone who cares excessively is lame. Like if they totally hate smokers, they're a lameass. If they excessively adore weed smokers, they're a lameass. If someone cared too much, I wouldn't get on with them, usually. Well, no, that's not true. I get on with most people, haha. But if the subject came up I'd just laugh and say something entirely nonsensical, to reciprocative hostility, LOL.

I smoke weed. I'd rather smoke cane, though, but not yet. When I'm loaded. But I love it. I don't know which I prefer, between it and baccy though, but its common to combine the two, which is alryyyyyte, hahah.

Wouldn't change my mind at all, really... Most people I associate myself with dose on something though, irl. I only know one girl who doesn't, and she's very against it. But she's my best friend. And I'm in love with a girl who's totally against it too, and like she was an amazing girlfriend. So like... I remain philosophical, hahaha.

Not that I'm a girl, LOL. Well. For the most part.

• I KNOW I'm not a girl but... PUFF PUFF GIVE, BROTHER, PUFFF PUFF GIVE! lol xP

• I hear weed is an effective tool for getting 5-somes

• Weed is so bad for you it makes you look so dopey

• It's OK every once in a while or before a buffet, not everyday though

• Gettin' high doesn't appeal to me so a chick that did it would probably not be that attractive to me.

• People who smoke weed, do any illegal drugs, and drink in excess are pathetic and need to get a life. You have nothing better to do but sit around and inhale a little mashed up plant. Set goals for yourself and go achieve them. Go to the gym and get in shape because I'm sure you are a scrawny bastard just like everyone who makes smoking weed a habit. Again, do yourself a favor and get a life.

• pecker pecker pecker

• I think it means you should shut the f*** up and stop judging others for their preferences or choices. Seriously, you sound like an insecure little loser, compensating for his own issues by being overly rude when talking about others', when you do that. People who smoke weed are "pathetic and need to get a life?" Steve Jobs was a stoner, as was Ted Turner. I'd hesitate to call them failures.

• haha damn I guess we got some haters here ha ha good job man two people who smoked a few times that ended up doing something good with their lives...the rest of you people end up on the f***ing street homeless ha ha patetic bitch I could beat your ass no doubt