Thoughts on POF, other dating sites?

I have been on eHarmony and have not had much luck. Just getting out of a relationship from eHarmony that did not work. I'm tired of wasting my money. So I was going to try Plenty Of Fish but my friends are telling me not to. They said all the guys on the site just want sex. I'm looking for something more meaningful. Is this true? Are there any other sites anybody recommends? Its just hard in my town because when I do meet guys we generally work for the same company, which is a deal breaker for me. So online is my best bet.

I decided to give OKCupid a try and I really like it. They give you a bunch of questions to answer and then you can see how matches answered the same question. It helps to figure out what each person is looking for - long term, fun, friends.

Most Helpful Guy

• Here is some helpful hints: Match works like a mid card when it comes to online dating. Some just want to date and waste your time some will actually want to be with you but a majority is just a waste when you have to pay. I know a guy friend that does POF and he straight up told me that's all he is on there for just trying to find girls to have sex with then never stay with them. Its sad in a way but anyways girl I have been seeing has a profile on there and says that guys are usually hinting at close intimate encounters from the bat. I personally don't know what to think of POF never joined. If you do let us know how it went. Also never tried eharmony how did that work out for you.

• eharmony did not work out. I met some weird people and was just about to give up when I met my boyfriend. Although it did not turn out well either so I have cancelled my account. I'm not giving okcupid a try like was suggested below.

• ok well I wish you the best I'm also in the same position as you someone will sweep you off your feet just make sure its the right person for the right reasons. Like you said meaningful and wanting a relationship that is wholesome. Its harder this day and age but just keep positive and don't settle for something that is not right. I agree a bar is not really a good way to go maybe you will meet someone at a store or getting coffee or just being out and about. good luck.

What Guys Said 3

• Okcupid.com

• im on okcupid and definitely looking for more than sex... No luck yet though.

• Thanks...is okcupid free? I am just tired of online dating but its just hard in my community unless I meet them at a bar, which I don't want to do.

• Yeah I'm pretty sure POF isn't a very good site. You might as well try it anyway though, because as a girl you'll get a lot of messages and no way every single guy will just want sex.

• Haha! Funny, I was just about to suggest OKCupid, too! :) Glad you found it, then!

What Girls Said 3

• I did Plenty of Fish, ha ha most of the guys who contacted me were like 10 years older. ;P I did meet a nice guy who I thought I would get together with, but at the last minute he changed his mind. Poo.

• I've never tried Plenty of Fish, so I don't know...

• Be careful, you never know when this might happen link