What's going on when a girl gives you her number, tells you to text her and doesn't respond to them?

this girl I met online about a week ago, we exchanged about 6-8 emails and then exchanged numbers. she told me to text her anytime. I did once, she replied once. I responded and then I haven't heard from her since. I'm wondering if I should text her more (as she told me to) or to just chill and wait for her to text back?!

thanks guys and girls that responded. it's such a difficult time in the midst of holidays to ask a girl out. is it not? now I'm thinking I'll wait I dunno...?

Most Helpful Girl

• text her again. but just say. hey. don't be like hey, where have you been all my life? I'm SO IN LOVE WITH YOU! lets get married and have BABIES. LOTS OF BABIES. for a girl not to reply, you probably were overbearing or she's a bitch. either way, text her, be chill. and if she still ignores you she's a bitch, forget her.

What Girls Said 4

• she might be playin games?

• Could be several reasons. Either she just got busy, she may not have known how to respond to your last text (depending on what it was), maybe the text didn`t get through to her (I`ve had that happen on several occasions), maybe she did decide to back out but wasn`t sure how to tell you, etc etc etc. Just send another text or call her and just make it regular bantering. See what happens then.

• text her back, say something. if she doesn't respond then wait.

• uh, it means she's trying to avoid u

• Uh, Miss Anonymous obviously doesn't want to provide her identity because her comment was way too short of intelligence and must be on a topic she knows very little (if any) about. It was also bitchy, yet she can't grow a pair and take responsibility for answering with such immature attitude.

Stick to peeweelove117's answer. It's definitely the best - by far.

• thanks kyliedanmarie!:)

What Guys Said 1

• WHAT YOU SAID >>>>> What's going on when a girl gives you her number, tells you to text her and doesn't respond to them? >>> Such girls are demented and dysfunctional, is my perception. Those that aren't...well, don't let your guard down, marine. That's my advise. You just don't know how girls are going to respond to a new situation. Sometimes they freck out and second guess themselves, and don't know how to say "not interested" other than 'silence'. Girls are not perfect --- always remember that. Forget the ones that don't respond, and focus on the ones that do.