If you haven't answered a man's text within 17 minutes, is that reason for him to get angry?

A friend sent a text to me at 9:56am asking if he could drive from Va to my place in Ga for a visit, mentioning that he would get a hotel room. I was babysitting my 3 year old granddaughter that day and was very busy. I keep my cell in my bedroom and check it periodically through the day. I hadn't seen his 9:56am text when a second text came in from him at 10:13am, just 17 minutes later, where he totally blows me off and says, "Ive tried to help you as much as I can but obviously it isn't working out. Have a nice New Years." His comment on helping me is in regard to the fact that I've been very depressed but it's not necessary to the topic to explain what about. By the time I did check my phone, both of those messages were waiting for me. They were 17 minutes apart. It's obvious that he was annoyed that in that 17 minute time span I hadn't answered so he sent the second crappy text. Am I crazy that I find it ridiculous that he didn't give me longer than 17 minutes to answer his text before he got angry? BTW, he knows I have a 3 year old to care for.

Most Helpful Guy

• He sounds like a psychopath.

What Guys Said 1

• I call people, that's why I never have this problem.

What Girls Said 3

• Wow...Sounds very insecure and ridiculous.

Call him out on it...you have every right to and it sets expectations about what behavior you will and won't accept. How much "help" can he be offering if he has unrealistic timelines and expectations he's never communicated.

• I absolutely called him on it...emphasizing the "17 minutes" part. After I did that, he sent a text that said, "I read your text, but don't know how to respond."

• Wow, no. He got upset over a little thing, which is really unnecessary.

• He has no right to get mad over that!

It was 17 minutes..big deal