Why hasn't he called after three dates and buying me a gift?

I met this guy online. We emailed for about two weeks before we met. We went out to dinner on our first date. It went very well. (nothing inappropriate) On our second date we went to lunch and then Christmas shopping (again, nothing inappropriate, just a kiss on the cheek). For our third date I invited him over for dinner, which was two days before Christmas and his birthday. He showed up with a Christmas gift for me, which was something that he knew I collected. and a very nice Christmas card. Before he left for the evening he said he would cook dinner for me next. (again nothing physical between us, just a small kiss). He's been an absolute gentleman. It's been over a week now (Christmas break) and he hasn't initiated any contact with me. I did text him twice and he responded one time with each text, however, he has not asked me out again and has not reached out to me.

Still no word from him. I appreciate your answers..and to the guys who responded I'm not sure asking him out again is the right thing to do. I'm sure he knows I like him. Would you guys give someone a present on the 3rd date?
I emailed him on Wednesday to see if he's okay, I haven't heard from him...I guess I have my answer about whether or not I'll hear from him. I still don't know why it fell apart...

Most Helpful Guy

• I recently got the girl I have been dating a gift but this has been well over a month and beyond a 3rd date so I felt like it was appropriate as well as it was Christmas time and its the thoughtfulness that counts. I'm sure he put in the thought with you as got you something that you collected which is kinda the same scenario as what I did for the girl I am dating but as stated if he's not putting in the determination to want to be with you its understandable to cut your losses and move on. If you think I provided the best answer gimme a thumbs up :)

What Guys Said 4

• Um, perhaps I would give someone a gift after three dates depending on how well they went. It could be he was very busy with family or friends over the holidays. Now that the holidays are behind us, why not give him a call and ask how his holidays went and see if he's up for a nice home-cooked dinner or something like that.

Best not to sit and wonder what he's up to. Take the bull by the horns and see what he has to say so you can move forward or move on.

• Maybe you should ask him out?

• Before you give up Email is kinda 3rd class in communication You should at least attempt 1 more call and ask what you gotta ask . Good luck.

• He may feel like you gave him the cold shoulder or perhaps just sees you as a friend. If you like him and want to be with him then ask him out and see where you at with him either friends or dating material. good luck keep us posted.

What Girls Said 2

• Is it possible that he is just super busy at work?

• Doesn't sound like he's interested anymore. Maybe he's dating other people