Do you regret your first kiss?

I have not had my first kiss yet for two reasons:

1) I am afraid I will regret it.

2) Guys don't really show interest in me.

After asking numerous questions on GaG I have discovered that apparently the second reason is a result of every guy I come in contact with being intimidated by my incredibly good looks and my awesome personality... yeah, that was sarcasm there :)

I am concerned about reason 1 as I really can't seem to get over it. I feel like I will be losing my innocence (stupid, I know) and giving away a part of myself that I can never get back (once again, stupid, I know) by kissing someone. Did any of you feel like this? How did you feel after your first kiss?

Thanks everyone!

Most Helpful Girl

• No, I was older than most people at the time. I was 18 and a few guys had tried before that but I just didn't feel anything for them... It was definitely worth it. It wasn't a waste, even though it didn't work out.

What Guys Said 6

• Never had a first kiss. Yah, 21 and never experienced it. It makes it feel even more awkward and scary. Like I waited so long and if I regret it, well that's really gonna suck, haha. Just letting you know, you are not alone in that area. Although the bigger reason for me never having a kiss is because I've never really dated anyone...

• It makes me feel better to know that someone is in a similar situation as I am. All my friends make me feel like I am weird for making such a big deal about a kiss. They kiss like it is a sport.

• I have not done both either. Keep waiting for the right person.

• My girlfriend and I waited 4 weeks before our first kiss.

I was 16 and she was 15 and neither of us regret it.

My advice is that you DON'T throw away your first kiss. Keep it for someone you can honestly see yourself getting attached to long term. Might seem unrealistic but it makes for an amazing first time.

(Hell my first time has a hilarious story behind it as well that we keep as a fond memory.)

• hey well im 22 and a virgin. this year i decided that i was going to venture to date and maybe meet someone but was getting a lot of wasted time and i guess gave just given up on it. so last Friday went out and got drunk and made out with this guy but i would of never of gotten with him nor was he my type. I regret i think doing that with him just because it only happened cuz i was feeling down about my luck and kinda lonely. he was nice andwanted my number. i just gave him an old one and won't have to see him again but idk. just wait if u take it serious.

• I absolutely completely regret my first kiss. I had a girlfriend who I liked more than anyone for 3 months, but I was afraid to kiss her just in case she didn't want to... and then we broke up. Recently I went to a party, got incredibly drunk and wasted my first kiss on someone who I would never even consider being in a relationship with. The day after, I felt awful and I still hate myself for it. I just don't know what to do now :(
    My advice to you would be to go out with a guy you really like and save your first kiss for then :)

• dont feel bad i recently had a simular thing happen. I was just down about all the bad luck i was getting got drunk and wasted mine also on someone i would never consider being with. more mad i just didn't hold out even if it did seem unlikely to happen in a nice way

• you aren't alone. I know that when I get married, it would be really awesome if my wife's first kiss were...me! I hope that my first kiss will be my future wife. it's kind of unrealistic, but can still be a treasure in itself. also, I think a girl who has discipline in waiting to kiss until a more established point in a relationship shows some true character. again, it doesn't always work that way, but you get the idea. don't feel bad!

• I regret my first kiss. it was with a girl that loved me the first girl to ever really talk to me i was 14 and so was but i didn't love her but after being treated like crap by almost every girl i tried dating her In the end I just hurt her badly. but if it is with someone you love the you won't regret it. and it's not really something that will weigh you down even if you regret it.

What Girls Said 7

• Its not stupid. I haven't had my first kiss yet either but its OK, I know it'll come. The same for you. I do feel like what if I mess up... but I mean I felt the same about dancing on a guy (grinding) but I had my first experience with that the other day at a dance and its no where near as lewd as I expected it to be. I guess every experience comes when it needs to.

• I had my first kiss with someone I wasn't dating, we were at that "hanging out" stage. I wish the relationship would have went further, but it didn't, but I don't regret the kiss. He's a good guy, and we don't really talk anymore, but I still consider him as a friend.

• even though me and the guy don't talk anymore :(...i was && will always be really attracted to him. no regrets

• I didn't regret it at all because it was something special and there was a lot of passion.

• yes i do regret it. he was an ass who cheated on me..

• No, I never felt like this, but its OK. After my first kiss I felt very happy and excited, because I had gotten my first kiss from someone I really liked. So I can safely say that I don't regret my first kiss.

• I don't regret it at all