Why do guys text and not call?

This guy will be happy to chat on facebook, send picture messages and texts but he does not call, why?

Most Helpful Guy

• In general, most guys dislike yapping with girls on the phone; as I tell them, if you got that much to say, then why don't we have lunch, dinner, etc? I hate talking on the phone because I could be doing a million other things. When you talk on the phone a lot of times girls go on and on, and sometimes I just lose track of what they are saying. So instead of talking, many times I would rather text, communicate thru email and messenger; and if they do have that much to say, then I set up a meeting place. But talking on the phone can b e very unproductive and many of my male friends and colleagues, feel the same way.

What Guys Said 1

• in txt or msn its much easier to express the feelings and idea inside any guy/girl it feel more comfortable than using the phone , make sense.

What Girls Said 4

• It's probably easier for him to communicate that way.

I know I feel really awkward talking on the phone, but I could probably pour myself out in an e-mail or a facebook message.

• Well.texting and chat are just words.and if someone doesn't want to talk on the phone at all, it should tell you something very clearly. I would tend to think that the person is shy and doesn't have the confidence to come across as effective as he does in text. If he is really interested in you, he will call!

• Ease, Laziness, Not so commital

• Guys hate talking on the phone. Esp. to girls they like. They are shy and hate the awkward silence that may come. They can also express themselves more in texts.

• That's one of the reasons. Sometimes there's these awkward silences that makes me uncomfortable.