Any advice for visiting a town alone for a weekend?

I'm going to visit my future college my Spring Break weekend. Thing is my parents won't let me drive there so the idea of having a friend there is out.

The tour's only an hour, but I'd like to stay in town until I have to go back home. I don't know how to meet new people in a town xD and I can quite shy. But I would love to meet someone, maybe just a fling.

The university I'm visiting is University of Wisconsin-La Crosse, so anyone know any local information, that would be helpful :)

Most Helpful Girl

• try the student center

What Guys Said 1

• I know that a lot of schools have a thing where you can stay overnight in a dorm and go to classes with a student. That way you can get a better feel of campus life than a tour would give you. If they don't have that then maybe you could find out where students normally hang out and try to find some random people to talk to.

What Girls Said 1

• Since you're going there for a tour I'm sure you can contact the Office of Admissions and ask them if there are any other events you can attend besides your tour. Maybe a student will still be there on campus during Spring Break.