Any advice for visiting a town alone for a weekend?

I'm going to visit my future college my Spring Break weekend. Thing is my parents won't let me drive there so the idea of having a friend there is out.

The tour's only an hour, but I'd like to stay in town until I have to go back home. I don't know how to meet new people in a town xD and I can quite shy. But I would love to meet someone, maybe just a fling.

The university I'm visiting is University of Wisconsin-La Crosse, so anyone know any local information, that would be helpful :)

0|0
2|1

Most Helpful Girl

• try the student center

0|0
    0|0

What Guys Said 1

• I know that a lot of schools have a thing where you can stay overnight in a dorm and go to classes with a student. That way you can get a better feel of campus life than a tour would give you. If they don't have that then maybe you could find out where students normally hang out and try to find some random people to talk to.

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 1

• Since you're going there for a tour I'm sure you can contact the Office of Admissions and ask them if there are any other events you can attend besides your tour. Maybe a student will still be there on campus during Spring Break.

0|0
    0|0