Are white guys upset that black men are taking their women like black women are?

Before I moved to where I live now, I had absolutely no problem with interracial dating. I still really don't, but where I live now it is just out of hand. I mostly see black men dating and chasing after white women and its pretty annoying. You can be the prettiest black girl but in this county its really pointless to compete with a white girl. And a lot of black girls here are fed up with it...I wanted to know are white men upset about this as well? if so what are your thoughts on this issue

p.s the white women are going after the black men as well...here where I live at least

Personally it doesn't bother me as much, its mainly bcause most of my friends are upset about it and its an eye opener and I know for a fact that is isn't always a case of people being racist, I think it has more 2 do with insecurities.

Most Helpful Guy

• My thoughts...you're making too much out of this. People are pursuing those that they're naturally attracted to. Maybe in your area black guy/white girl relationships are "trendy".

Either way, it shouldn't affect you. There's no such thing as "your men" and "their women"--that's old-fashioned divisive thinking. Besides, forget what other people are doing. If you like a certain guy (regardless of what ethnicity he is or whoever other guys are dating), be approachable and friendly, and introduce yourself. Best of luck.

• yes "Trendy" is exactly wats going on here at least...I actually here some guys say "you have to date a white women because this and that" and there are some that are fed up with black women and want to try something new...this wasn't really a personal question but thanks for your insight

• Glad I could help! Even though it's not personal, be careful not to let the words of small-minded people affect you.

What Guys Said 11

• I'm not really angry at black men who pursue white women, but I don't like black men who only pursue white women and don't give black women a chance. Black men who do this might now be comfortable with themselves or might find black women to much of a challenge. Personally, I like all women, no matter what race they are or what ancestry they're composed of. I like to keep my view of the horizon wide and open. However, I love all black women. I think they're beautiful...especially black women that have everything (the intelligence, independence, personality, and beauty). Just find a great guy (whether black or not black) that loves you for you. They are out there! You just have to keep believing, be patient, and keep looking. Hope my advice helps and best of luck in your romantic endeavors Miss Dailyday.

PS: I'm a Black Guy by the way, in case you were interested :)

• Lol, maybe my perspective is different but I really wouldn't be worrying about who someone else is dating. I wouldn't care as long as it seems like the girl is being treated respectfully, a lot of the time they arn't because some girls are immature and looking for a 'bad boy' hence the word boy and not a man. Still, they won't learn by you telling them, they will need to find out themself.

I see that interracial pairing occasionally where I live and its never bothered me, I actually see black women with white men almost every day in the area I live. With me generally being more attracted to black women (I love all races of women though), I don't see why it should bother me, I believe as long as they are happy than you can't really complain and hopefully they are with each other for the right reasons and not just superficial which isn't really likely to be the sort of relationshiop that lasts.

• Exactly why would this bother me? First, they are not my women, second, what business is it of mine who you or anyone else dates?

Honestly, I find the way you said it "their women" kind of offensive and racist.

I have no preference to a race when I date, but the longest relationship I have been in (around 10 years) just happened to be with a black woman. Oh, and before I hear the "Why didn't you marry her" comments I asked, she had been married before and didn't want to do it again, and ultimately she broke up with me after joining some church, then suddenly I was not "good enough" for her.

• hi girls /ladies

I live in Kensington in London UK

I am told by women I am good looking white, 24yrs I'm a junior doctor, training to be a surgeon. I was brought up to be totally respectful to all women - if I ask a young lady out on a date it is to dinner somewhere nice ; I would never try to get her drunk - anything like that is considered what we call "chav - like " . Chavs are people , irrespective of money - whose social behavior is obnoxious and some of the worst offenders are young black men - not all but some .

I have never seen or heard such offensive behavior toward black women as I have in that particular social group ... When did it become okay to refer to black women as ho and bitch - as if that's not just being insulting.

I feel very much for the original contributor and all I can say is that - if you come to London look me up - I have dated two black women though Med school - and I with both I had the Best fun / best sex / best kissing and total affection and coolness ...

Maybe it helps that - apparently/according to them - I look very cute ...

But my point is- hey don't not go after white guys WE LOVE YOU I mean..

Black chicks are beautiful ...

So ..my advice is ditch that minority of dumb ill mannered black men and get a man who treats you nice and kisses you sweetly ( makes love like a dream too , both those women told me black men are boring - because they don't make love they just try and f*** a bit harder ... and that wasn't tgreat fun or very sexy - yawn - so what - )

Most of all get a guy who can say the words ' I love you ' - because he does.

Do approach white guys and be approachable - its cool ...I am living proof : )

jamie marshall (junior doctor London )

• Three things:

1. Black girls are having certain negative stereotypes for a reason. Sure, by no means all black girls but there are plenty who keep on dishing out those stereotypes.

2. You are (most likely) living in a majority white country. Thus the beauty standard is that of a white person. If you were in a majorly black country things would be the different way around.

3. Despite all that most people do prefer to date among their own race which has been shown and shown again.

For a lack of better sources I just show you some OKCupied statistical data: blog.okcupid.com/.../

• I'm a white guy and I am not attracted to white women. I've known a lot of white women and while some of them are nice people, most of them are nasty pieces of work, snakes in the grass and are generally unpleasant women.

Black men can have white women for all I care - I'm not interested in white women especially as I attract women of other races. White women are redundant to me.

• Black and white thinking sucks. think of the generations after that who can enjoy mixed race beautiful people. Get the F%& outta the box and mix. My mothers white, my father was brown. Bob Marley had a white father, Barack Obama had a black father. I can understand why guys don't wonna go to bed with someone who looks like momma all the time hahaha. This is 2011.

Grow the f$^%^up!

Date an asian,white,eskimo or mixed race guy or something!

• White male here.

I don't care either way. Go out with the person that makes you happiest and worry about skin colour as a secondary.

• Yea especially when they rave about how much bigger their dicks are and how boring and lame white guys are. I feel like white guys don't have the same obsession with black girls that black guys have with white women. Honestly I'm white and like white girls so yea it bothers me when I hear them talking about how much better they are.

• I F***IN HATE IT!

• I don't live in an area like that and I haven't seen interracial dating in the majority, so I really wouldn't know. I guess it would be frustrating to like certain girls and them not liking me back because of another racial preference. However, I'm equal opportunity dater, so I would pursue any beautiful white, black, asian, latina, etc girl that I could.

What Girls Said 7

• Oh who gives a f***

Anyone can go out with anyone and you shouldn`t care about skin colour

• okay it's not about being trendy or white women trying to "take" black men.

the real reason is because for the most part white women are sick of white men... with their passive nature, most are pretty boring, have no rhythem when out dancing lol, and the biggest thing is honestly their dicks..

white guys in general have much smaller dicks than black men and not only that, black men just know how to get all women going and that's a plus ontop of having a much bigger dick than all other guys...

so it's not that white women are trying to take them, its that they are the best men out and thats why black Asian hispanic AND white women want them. white guys are not nearly as wanted as black men

• yes I think it bothers white men just as much as it bothers black women. an interesting statistic concerning that: black men who persistently and purposefully date white women tend to be uneducated, whilst black men who date black women are college graduates with well paying jobs. second the divorce rates amongst white females and black males are very very high. higher than divorce rates between two whites and two blacks.

• Their people? Hello! We are all humans here!

• I know...but I guess my questions is...are they effected by it as much as bw are...or are bw taking it to seriously

• People who are offended by this (racist people) are taking it to seriously.

• This is ridiculous lol

• omg for real? where do you live? you don't have to say exactly where but what region? I'm from ga and I'm not seeing this. I do know a few black guys who are white girl crazy but most of them arent. I know that when I go out I see white girls chasing after black men lol I mean those girls make it a point to get them a black man! I think they like the novelty and ego boost of it and some of them have self hatred issues. also why is it the blackest dudes that are doing this? you never see a brown or light skinned guy obsessed with white girls its always the flava flav looking niggas that love white girls. I think that black girls in your area should explore other options. don't chase after those black men, get a cute guy that treats you right.

• Well I'm black and I've always been more attracted to white guys than black guys so I don't care. I also don't really see what the problem is. I get hit on by black guys all the time and I find it annoying because their approach is so aggressive. I've been bothered at work, stopped on the street, and grabbed at the bar and when white guys hit on me they go about it in a much more respectful way. I've never had a white guy approach me in the same way that black guys do. Not all black guys approach me like that but when they do 95% of the time they do it in a way that makes me just want to smack them. So if white girls want to chase after black guys I say let them go ahead.

I personally don't consider myself to be the most gorgeous person in the world, I think I look pretty average so it's not like I'm attracting black guys because it's like some cheesy movie where a guy looks up and there's a spotlight on one girl. And as far as I can tell this is how most black guys hit on girls, all girls, even black ones. I figure since white girls are used to being hit on by white guys who go about it in a different way they like it and like the attention they're getting just because it's different.

That and even with my initial attraction to white guys I just don't see an upside to dating most black guys. The black guys I go to school with are able to form a sentence properly in class but the second class gets out that talk like they never finished 5th grade and their behavior is pretty much appalling (and this is coming from someone who regularly gets drunk and does stupid things). It's not all black guys, but at my school it's most, like at least 85% of them. The rest are nice and fine and I like talking to them, I'm just not really attracted to them, but most of them leave class and just act like hood rats and think it's cool and it's worse with the black guys I run into outside of school.

Personally I don't like approaching guys and I honestly start to feel a little bit sick just thinking about it but I wish more white guys would start approach black girls. I can understand why they wouldn't (most are probably afraid there's a big black boyfriend in the corner that's going to hurt them for talking to their girlfriend) but when I get approached by white guys it's just so much nicer. They actually ask my name and talk to me like a human being before insisting that they're everything I need and then some.